#1 2008-03-24 18:13

Cybertronix

Need text to appear when shutting down Vista PC

Hey all

The main reason I've downloaded Shutter is the ability of it displaying any text you type in the shutdown message dialog box.

However, no text appears and it just shuts down pc.

Could someone here please explain what settings I should have enabled for the following message to appear for 10 seconds when closing computer

"IS THE AIRCON OFF?"

Thanks.

PS Ive tried shutting PC using "START" button and "NOW" button.... also tried shutting pc down using the vista shut down buttons (does it even work that way?) but I just cant see any message!

PS II are there other programs that display text when shutting down my PC?   it would be awesome to try out different programs !

Thanks.

#2 2008-04-06 14:46

den4b
Administrator

Re: Need text to appear when shutting down Vista PC

Shutter can display text message as a part of execution of Actions defined within the program.

In v2.xx, you need to check the necessary settings in the Options. Or, you can try using Shutter v3 Alpha, which has a separate "Message" action.

Message will be shown when Shutter executing its actions, but WILL NOT be shown when you manually shutdown your computer.

#3 2008-04-06 18:47

Cybertronix

Do you mean the text function will not work if I manually shut down the PC USING SHUTTER?   or do you mean the text wont execute if I manually shut down the PC USING VISTA SHUT DOWN BUTTON (you know, the button on the bottom left hand of the screen)

Thanks

Last edited by Cybertronix (2008-04-06 18:47)

#4 2008-04-06 19:31

den4b
Administrator

If shutting down using VISTA way - the message will not be displayed, because Shutter has nothing to do with that. If you shutdown using Shutter (via Now or Start button) - the message will be shown IF it is enabled.

You can also configure Shutter in a way that, when you start it, it will automatically call the shutdown procedure (with the message). And then you can use the shortcut to Shutter to shutdown your pc, instead of the VISTA shutdown button.

#5 2008-04-06 19:45

Cybertronix

OK.

I will try to use that alpha version you have indicated tomorrow at the office and will post the results.  I pretty much tried all the settings on V.2 but it doesn't display the text.

Thanks for your help!

Board footer