#21 2008-06-26 15:44

Andrew

Re: Lowercase extention and only extention

den4b wrote:

You see, using "do not change case" will be misleading because other options such as "extension always lower case" will sill change the case. That is why I named it "(none of the above)", as it carries the true meaning.

Ok, but why not "Skip filename" then?

Also, whenever "Extension always lower case" is checked, shouldn't "Skip extension" be automatically unchecked, or the user warned? Or maybe those two options can be changed to a separate radio button group, since they both affect the extension and are mutually exclusive?

den4b wrote:

If you look at other rules, you'll find that all "skip extension" options are written in the same way. I think that they are the continuation of the preceding options, and as a continuation (like in a sentence) - they don't need to be capitalized.

Ok, if you say so! roll wink

#22 2008-07-07 14:43

den4b
Administrator

Andrew, I don't think we should be worried that much about these tiny little details wink

I worry more about functionality rather then spelling/grammar perfection...

#23 2008-07-07 16:17

Andrew

Heh. No problemo! wink I freely admit that I'm a bit too sensitive and overtly careful about these things in stuff that I write. User Interface Design is a pet area of mine so no wonder I obsess a bit over such things. Anyway, you have brand new features to implement (I hope!) so let's move on...

Board footer