#1 2008-11-11 10:49

elmo putney

Licensing question

I have a query on the licensing, I am a small cog in a big engineering company and would like to use renamer to help with my day to day work collating data from test work.
I had a look at the creative commons licence agreement which specifes non-comercial gain etc... does that preclude me from using it. Is corporate use the same as comercial gain, or are the two completley seperate?

#2 2008-11-11 11:22

Stefan

Re: Licensing question

Hi elmo putney and welcome,

i am glad you are one who ask at least :thumpsup: big_smile

i think Denis didn't have changed his mind, => http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1139#p1139
neither in personal using big_smile nor in receiving donations tongue

I hope this is what Denis would say too...

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2008-11-11 12:40

elmo putney

That is how I interpretted the licence wording. I am not selling the software, people are not sending me files I rename them and charge them money, I am simply using it to save me from a labourious process of renaming manually.
So I think it is ok for me to use it at work, my next task is to try to convince IT systems people the same things.

Thanks

#4 2008-11-18 03:03

den4b
Administrator

It is ok if it is JUST YOU using it. However, if your company decides to install any of my applications onto computers of other users - THAT would be considered COMMERCIAL USAGE, in which case your company will have to approach me for my permission.

Board footer