#1 2006-09-27 21:49

Jamesreh

Questions and Answers (FAQ)

Hi everone.

Have a few Questions about Hooker Personal 2.50 with password.

1. Does Hooker Personal 2.50 have a uninstaller?.
2. Does Norton AV 2005 and Beta Defender  have any combatiabley issues useing   
    it on my own personal XP?
3. Does it run on start up?.
4, Does it launch from a standalone ..exe?  .Or Installs it self? in programs folders
5. Is there a Sha-1 hash tha can be used?.
6. I been looking for a safe backup logger for my own records. (getting old).
7. Is there a F/Q sheet on the 2.50?

Jamersreh

Last edited by Jamesreh (2006-09-27 22:48)

#2 2006-09-28 11:12

den4b
Administrator

Re: Questions and Answers (FAQ)

Hi Jamesreh!

1. Does Hooker Personal 2.50 have a uninstaller?
No, it doesn't need one. All files will be stored in the same folder to where you unpack Hooker. It only comes as an archive, without installer/uninstaller.

2. Does Norton AV 2005 and Beta Defender have any compatibility issues using it on my own personal XP?
Only some anti-viruses and spywere-detectors will see Hooker as a suspicious application, because it has a code that allows capturing keyboard activity. I don't know how Norton AV 2005 and Beta Defender will see it, you have to try it your-self.

3. Does it run on start up?
By default, it runs only when you lunch it. But, in the settings, there is an option to put Hooker into auto-run.

4. Does it launch from a standalone ..exe?  .Or Installs it self? in programs folders
It doesn't install it-self. There are 2 files required: "Hooker.exe" and "HookLib.dll". They will stay and run from the folder to where you initially unpack them. "Hooker.exe" is the main executable, while "HookLib.dll" library will be loaded dynamically into memory. If you think that Hooker will spread out like spywere/virus - you are getting a wrong impression of it, it doesn't spread out anywhere.

5. Is there a Sha-1 hash that can be used?
Used for what?

6. I been looking for a safe backup logger for my own records.
It doesn't look like a question... I think Hooker is the only free and fully functional application to log keyboard activity. That's why I wrote it on the first place wink

7. Is there a F/Q sheet on the 2.50?
No. All the questions can be directed to me.

-- Denis

#3 2007-12-11 23:05

den4b
Administrator

Q: What do abbreviations or keywords like <*5>, <E>, <INS> mean?

These abbreviations are used to display all no-displayable characters and some additional information.

<*3>, <*4>, <*5>, etc - identify repetition of an immediately preceding character, example: w<*3> means "www".

<COPY>, <FIND>, <SAVE>, <PASTE>, <CUT>, <UNDO> - are common combinations of CTRL key and C, F, S, V, X, Z characters, accordingly.

<BS>, <E>, <TAB>, <INS>, <DEL>, <WIN>, <HOME>, <END>, <P> - are "backspace", "enter (new line)", "tab", "insert", "delete", "windows key", "home", "end", "pause" - accordingly.

<L>, <R>, <U>, <D> - arrows: left, right, up, down.

<F1>, <F2>, <F3>, etc - are function keys, from F1-F12.

<PROCESS:Name#PID> - currently focused process, identified by "Name" and "PID" of the process.

<CLIPBOARD:Text> - current contents of the clipboard, identified as "Text".

NOTE: These mappings are valid for current version 2.55, and may be changed at any time.

#4 2009-06-16 00:05

sikario

how get Hooker Personal Version?

#5 2009-06-17 20:32

den4b
Administrator

I have stopped distributing Personal Version of Hooker.

#6 2009-06-20 19:06

sikario

o why?

#7 2009-06-23 14:38

den4b
Administrator

It was too much overhead and too big of an effort. Each personal version had to be compiled separately, and each time I would need to have an email conversation regarding the agreement and other details.

#8 2010-03-04 17:41

muzzi

I really hope something change in your decisions about continuing support for hooker.
big_smile

#9 2010-11-30 04:02

eR@SeR

den4b wrote:

If you think that Hooker will spread out like spywere/virus - you are getting a wrong impression of it, it doesn't spread out anywhere.

Just to let you know that Kaspersky (KAV7) made HookerBeta (Hooker.exe) as Trojan-Banker.Win32.Banker.bbsr (Detected Oct 20 2010 05:13 GMT). So it's detected as virus not suspicious application as before sad And to be more freaked it's detected as Trojan-Banker hmm tongue
I hope that you can change this otherwise it will be deleted every time. Thanks

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#10 2010-12-01 02:54

den4b
Administrator

I use latest Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 with updates coming in every 3 hours. "Hooker.exe" has not been flagged on my side.

False positives are common for Hooker, again, because of the nature of the application. I can't change what antivirus decides. You just need to add it to exclusions if you want to use it.

Board footer