#1 2006-11-26 19:34

examiner

Status of Physical memory?

Hi Denis,

Wouldn't it be great if CPU Monitor was capable of displaying only physical memory status? Now it shows physical memory+pagefile usage, which may not be always the most important information, since some users use the Core system (forces Windows to use physical memory instead of pagefile) and therefore are interested in physical memory used/free only!
I agree for many users current solution is acceptable, but what if you just put this feature in the Options menu so the users could choose if they want to monitor physical memory only or physical memory+pagefile?
Anyway, thanks for great work!

Johnny

#2 2006-11-27 22:43

den4b
Administrator

Re: Status of Physical memory?

Hi Johnny!

I have good news for you, I've just added that option "Show physical memory, instead of page file" in the settings.

Try it, and tell me how it goes: CPUMonBeta.zip

big_smile

#3 2006-11-28 03:54

examiner

Hi Denis!

Brilliant, 20 minutes after unpacking everything seems still ok big_smile

Another thing - if I choose "Show Free memory instead of used", Tray ToolTip doesn't change, stays in "Memory usage mode". Is that intentional or accidental? smile

And last thing for today: I noticed two curves in the graph, apart from the memory one, is that for both of my cores? (I have Intel Core Duo) If yes, have you considered possibility to select different colors for each core? Eventually to display the load of each core separately in the Tray ToolTip?

Thanx
   Johnny

#4 2006-11-28 20:14

den4b
Administrator

Johnny,

It is the intentional behavior, because it is the usage (in percentage) that is displayed on the graph, and the most recent values on the graph get displayed in the tooltip of a tray icon. No matter which options you choose in the settings, it is still going to be usage percentage displayed on the graph, for both cpu and memory. Option "Show free memory, instead of used" only affects the label at the top of the main window, which displays memory information.

Yes, a line for each core/thread. It can be combined into a single line by not using "Display each CPU separately" option from the settings. Yes, it is in my plans to have a color option for each cpu line, but didn't have time yet to implement it. Will add in future! smile

Board footer