#1 2016-03-26 12:43

Nostrovia

Tray Icon Resolution

Hello Denis

I wanted to ask if there was a way of making the systray icons appear in a higher resolution ?

(I am using Winstep Nexus which allows larger icons to be used in the systray and currently the CpuMon font looks a little pixellated when enlarged)

fuzzy cpumon font

Thanks

#2 2016-03-27 00:29

den4b
Administrator

Re: Tray Icon Resolution

The short answer is no.

Tray icon sizes cannot be adjusted without producing side effects. This is due to a limitation of Windows API which allows for only 1 icon (of 1 specific resolution) to be supplied as a tray icon. You will notice that all other tray icons, except the ones which are replaced by custom Winstep Nexus icons, will be displayed in native 16x16 format and then stretched by Winstep Nexus to fit its widget.

Application can supply higher resolution icon, but then it will be squashed by Windows with severe graphical artifacts to fit its native 16x16 size.

Latest CPUMon 2.0.4 Beta will use system defined tray icon size (SM_CXSMICON / SM_CYSMICON), which is 16x16 by default, but could be higher on high-DPI systems.

#3 2016-03-27 18:03

Nostrovia

Re: Tray Icon Resolution

Thankyou for explaining.

(I thought I may have been able to specify a user defined font....or use some other "trick".)

Having just tested beta .0.4 the font antialiasing appearance seems to be improved !

I`ve tried all of the cpu systray monitoring tools and CPUMon is the one that works the best with no uneccessary extra graphics or annoying features - just simple numerical information.

Thanks.

Board footer