#1 2010-12-06 10:38

SafetyCar
Website

Confirm Filter settings before loading the Files/Folders

First of all, I think I read something similar some time ago in the wiki but from what I remember it was only thought for folders.

I'm talking about displaying the filter settings as confirmation to load the files or folders (as wished). Depending on what you choose  at that moment that's what it will load.

What do you think?

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#2 2010-12-16 13:37

den4b
Administrator

Re: Confirm Filter settings before loading the Files/Folders

wiki/Development#ReNamer:

• When folders are added, display a popup asking how folders should be added, a.k.a filter settings?

• Change the way default filter settings are recorded. Save filter settings as default when "Save as Default" button clicked. Reset filter settings to default ones when "New Project" is initiated.

I think that these two options will greatly improve usability of filter settings.

#3 2010-12-16 16:34

SafetyCar
Website

Re: Confirm Filter settings before loading the Files/Folders

den4b wrote:
  • When folders are added, display a popup asking how folders should be added, a.k.a filter settings?

• Change the way default filter settings are recorded. Save filter settings as default when "Save as Default" button clicked. Reset filter settings to default ones when "New Project" is initiated.

Oh, I never noticed that the filters where only applied when adding folders (My fault, it's clear above the window). I thought that I could drag and drop a hidden item and if it was not in the filter it wasn't added. That's way I asked about the option when adding any type of item.

About the second idea, in my opinion would help a lot, because I usually never know what filters are loaded. Having filters by default at least you know if they are right or wrong with out looking for it.

And by the way, this last a problem of not knowing what presets are loaded, in my experience is a little bit related to working with "save rules on exit", because sometimes you open the program and in your mind you are you are on a preset (but really you are not), and you change the filters, and when at other moment you come again, you have the filters as modified before. Regarding to this a nice option would be instead of "saving the rules on exit", having another option that asks you it you want to save rule changes before exit/loading other preset/opening new project (even if the preset is not still created, ask to create it). Because I have the "save on exit" enabled just because on multiple times I closed the program without saving a preset an it was very annoying.

Anyway, this last thing is independent of the other 2, that would be very appreciated even without this last thing.

Last edited by SafetyCar (2010-12-16 16:40)

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

Board footer