#1 2011-02-13 14:29

rudyrudy

Swap first name to surname

Hi,

This is my first post here, so I would like to thank Denis, for his excellent, software, and all you helpful guys on this forum.

I have used ReNamer for a few years, and it has saved me a lot of time, but I have a problem with a big, MIDI library I have. All the folders in my current, library are indexed with last names first. Example: Brown, John.
I have now got an additional library (1000 folders or more) which, I would like to add, but the folder names are indexed by first name then last name without a space. Example: JohnBrown.

I would like to keep the index - "Lastname, Firstname" -  as it is more simple to locate files that way.

Is there a way to get ReNamer to put a space or swap the names before the second upper case letter? (the names are various lengths) I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Please forgive me if this has already been covered (I have searched)

#2 2011-02-13 15:09

den4b
Administrator

Re: Swap first name to surname

Below is a script which will insert a space in front of the second upper case letter. Then, swapping of the surname with firstname can be achieved with Rearrange or RegEx rule, but this will depend on the exact pattern of your filenames.

var
  I, Count: Integer;
begin
  Count := 0;
  for I := 1 to WideLength(FileName) do
    if IsWideCharUpper(FileName[i]) then
    begin
      Inc(Count);
      if Count = 2 then
      begin
        WideInsert(' ', FileName, I);
        Break;
      end;
    end;
end.

#3 2011-02-13 17:20

Stefan

For this simple example name you have provided the following may work.
(Maybe you need to work with the latest ReNamer beta to have all this features)

JohnBrown
TO:
Brown, John
DO:
1) CleanUp: Insert space in front of capitals, Fix spaces (skip extension)
2) Rearrange: Split by delimiters " ", New pattern "$2, $1" (skip extension)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#4 2011-02-13 22:29

rudyrudy

Thanks for your help guys. You have saved me from a headache, and several, hours of my life!

I can't remember where I downloaded ReNamer from, originally, and I only came across this site whilst searching for an app to sort out my current, problem. (The old version I was using couldn't do this, but the latest beta can)

Thanks again,     

Rudy

Board footer