#1 2011-06-10 15:29

Randoo

Web Interface Configuration

I ran across your Shutter product while looking for a way to automate a process at the Library where I am Systems Administrator. I have a PC that controls our Public Computing Reservation system and periodically it locks up requiring a reboot to restore functionality. The PC is locked in my office and not accessible to general staff and always locks up when I am off or out of the office (of course!).  So I installed Shutter and set it up to run as a service and it works fantastic, however, I have had a couple of instances where staff clicked the wrong radio button and shut the PC down instead of rebooting.  Would it be possible to set the web interface so they can only choose "reboot" and "force application to close" or set those as the default choices for my installation? This would make it pretty bulletproof and prevent my having to drive to the office when staff choose the wrong option.

#2 2011-06-11 17:20

den4b
Administrator

Re: Web Interface Configuration

If you are using the latest development version, you can create a preset for this specific purpose which will be accessible from the web interface.

#3 2011-06-13 15:34

Randoo

Re: Web Interface Configuration

Thank you for the update - this will be a huge help. Librarians seem to need their hands held so this will be terrific!

Board footer