#1 2007-01-11 23:52

bluejimi

Delete Rule - add 'until total equals' field

I also use ReNamer to truncate file names for CD/DVD burning.  It has been great so far for this.  However, one thing that would help is if the "Delete" rule had a way to delete digits until the total reached a certain number.  That is, if I have several files more than 64 digits long and I want to truncate them all to 64 no matter their individual lengths.  Right now after importing all the files over 64 digits long using a method described in a previous post, I select the files that are one digit over 64, apply the rule, change the "until/count" box to 2, select the files that are two over 64, apply the rule, change it to three, etc.  Hopefully what I'm trying to say makes some sense.

BTW, thanks for a great piece of software.  I've searched a long time to find something that would do what this does so easily.

#2 2007-01-12 04:11

den4b
Administrator

Re: Delete Rule - add 'until total equals' field

Bluejimi, I think you found the most complicated way of doing it wink

If I understood your problem correctly, it can be done easier, using Delete rule with this parameters:
1) from: position 61 (65 minus 4 characters of extension, assuming extensions like ".jpg")
2) until: till the end
3) skip extension

If this doesn't help, I can write a script that will do that...

#3 2007-01-12 18:05

bluejimi

Re: Delete Rule - add 'until total equals' field

Ah!!  Perfect.  I misunderstood the proper use of the rule.  Thank you!!!  It works great!!

Board footer