#1 2007-02-13 08:00

Urlcool

Suggestions for Renamer: clear files, refresh folders

Hi

I think it would be really nice to have a clear button that would clear the file list and a refush button to update the folders.

Rob

#2 2007-02-13 20:05

den4b
Administrator

Re: Suggestions for Renamer: clear files, refresh folders

clear the file list...
I'm always trying to keep the interface as simple and as clean as possible. That is why I don't add too many buttons to the main screen. But the there is a shortcut which you can use to clear the list of files from the table: Ctrl+Del (remember that you need to be focused on the table). For additional information, right click on the files table.

refush button to update the folders...
"refush" = "refresh"? Hmm... to refresh which folders? hmm

#3 2007-02-13 20:19

Urlcool

Well I am trying to update all my karaoke songs.  When I use the Add Folder button it display a list of folder to chose, but if I change the name of one of those folders in Windows Explore it does update until the program is reset.

Thanks for the Shortcut Key.

Rob

#4 2007-02-13 20:28

Urlcool

I don't think there anything you can do as I programming myself in c++ and it seem to be a windows bug.

Rob

#5 2007-02-13 23:18

den4b
Administrator

No, it is not a Windows bug, it's just the way in which my "Add Folders" dialog work. It's not a standard windows dialog. Usually, programmers use Shell API for calling dialogs which let you browse for files/folders, but I had to write my own component, in order to support Unicode filenames on 2000/XP/Vista while still supporting older Windows versions without Unicode capabilities, and to have some custom functionality.

In my dialog, the directory structure is created on the fly, whenever you select a folder. Once that structure has been created - it stays the same until you refresh the tree, using the "Refresh Tree" option from the right-click menu of the dialog. Windows provides a way of capturing the shell events, but it can get a bit complex. MSDN: SHChangeNotifyRegister() will let you register a window to receive shell change notifications, such as move, copy, rename, delete, create, etc.

Anyway, just use the "Refresh Tree" option on the dialog to update it.

Board footer