#1 2006-06-10 18:54

Ron

New "File already exists" pop-up in v3.30

Hi,

First of all, thank you for a great and very useful program.

My question:

After I installed v3.30 over v3.20, whenever I exit Renamer I get a "File already exists"  pop-up dialog (See attachment for a screenshot).

I have enabled "Save rules configuration on exit, load on startup" (This is what triggers the pop-up)
I have NOT enabled "Overwrite files with New Names" or "Clear Rules List on Rename"
(I used the same settings in  v3.20 and v3.30)

I did not get this pop-up with v3.20, so is this a new "feature" in  v3.30? 
Is there a way/option to suppress this annoying pop-up?

Thanks,
Ron

Btw, doesn't  this forum have a "Post-preview" option?
R.

Btw2, I don't see the attachment I uploaded (it is a 6.4 kB jpg file).
R.

#2 2006-06-10 23:23

den4b
Administrator

Re: New "File already exists" pop-up in v3.30

Thank you for your report! I'm aware of that problem already, and I have already fixed it, but the new version is not yet released. It was a problem with the "[default].rnp" (saving default preset). This issue appeared because of the redesign of the core system, and major cleanup.

Anyway, you can download the latest development version from here:
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Proje … erBeta.zip

I've been working hard on the new version, I've made some huge changes like addition of Unicode Support and New Visual Components. Try it, and tell me how it goes, ok?

Ron wrote:

doesn't this forum have a "Post-preview" option?

No, unfortunately it doesn't, but its the best flat-file forum (no database required).

Ron wrote:

I don't see the attachment I uploaded (it is a 6.4 kB jpg file)

There might be a problem with uploading attachments, I'm not sure...
You can share your feature screenshots using http://imageshack.us/

#3 2006-06-11 17:19

Ron

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your prompt reaction.

Denis Kozlov wrote:

Anyway, you can download the latest development version from here:
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Proje … erBeta.zip

I've been working hard on the new version, I've made some huge changes like addition of Unicode Support and New Visual Components. Try it, and tell me how it goes, ok?

I've downloaded and installed the new beta version, I've not done any extensive testing yet, but it seems to work OK.

I'm not sure what you mean  by "New Visual Components"? If it's the better sorting option and column selection, it is indeed an improvement.

I think I found one (minor) bug: When I open a directory with Renamer v4 Beta,  the first line in the file display (File Table) is: "/enqueue".

Denis Kilo wrote:

No, unfortunately it doesn't, but its the best flat-file forum (no database required).

I can't judge if it's the best....., but it's a bit limited from an end-user's point  of view:
- No preview option (circumvention  is to submit the post, look at how it shows up, and if necessary edit the result)
- No click-able code tags
- No Topic subscription
- No email notifications

Please don't get me wrong, this is certainly not intended as a complaint, just an observation, I am in fact really grateful that this freeware program does have a support forum at all.

Cheers,
Ron

#4 2006-06-12 08:30

den4b
Administrator

Ron wrote:

I think I found one (minor) bug: When I open a directory with Renamer v4 Beta,  the first line in the file display (File Table) is: "/enqueue".

Fixed it smile

Ron wrote:

...but it's a bit limited from an end-user's point of view:
- No preview option
- No click-able code tags
- No Topic subscription
- No email notifications

Yes, it is indeed limited a lot from the end-user's point of view... The Giant bulletin boards like phpBB and vBulletin - they do have all these fancy (and recently became essential) features, but they all require the use of the database. Hopefully, I'll be able to move to phpBB in future...

Is there any other good/powerfull/stable/easy-to-use/php-based forums out there?

#5 2006-06-12 11:14

Ron

Denis Kozlov wrote:

Is there any other good/powerfull/stable/easy-to-use/php-based forums out there?

I'm afraid I don't know Denis. I only know forum programs as an end-user.

Ron

Board footer