#1 2007-03-21 16:15

Icester

Renamer script to fix foreign characters???

I have quite a few classical music files that often use foreign characters (usually German and French) that I need to change to English only.  (Some examples are "tilde" characters, u, o, e, and I've even seen an r tilde (example: é).  Also, German "ss" (looks like B) and sometimes non-standard characters like "No" (number, but with the "o" raised) and ` characters. 

I have found these characters to cause problems to dbPowerAmp and even sometimes Windows explorer (Explorer will not let you rename the files - keeps putting in the special character).

Is there a script already to do this?  I know its trivial, but finding the script is the hard part and creating one can be a pain as you have to try to copy & paste all the special characters and I don't know how the Pascal Editor in Rename will handle it.

Thanks

#2 2007-03-21 17:10

den4b
Administrator

Re: Renamer script to fix foreign characters???

You don't need Pascal Script rule for that, you can simply use Replace or Translit rule. Translit rule has several predefined alphabets for few languages, have a look at them, they will help you understand how to create one for your case. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask smile

#3 2007-03-21 19:40

Icester

Re: Renamer script to fix foreign characters???

Thanks, I forgot about that feature.  Perfect!!

What an awesome program!

Board footer