#1 2007-12-07 21:08

MickeyMiner

Allow Cancel of long operations

Hi,

First of all: COMPLIMENTS!

A little suggestion: when I have several 1000 pictures in ReNamer, and the "Preview" is running (with some problem) please allow me to cancel the operation.
Or if there are more than 100 files, ask me if I want to run preview on all files, or the first 10% only.

Thanks

mm

#2 2008-01-05 19:40

den4b
Administrator

Re: Allow Cancel of long operations

Thanks for compliments smile

In order to have "cancel" functionality for the preview or rename operation, the application's design will have to be changed to do things in a threaded manner, and this is not an easy task to convert ReNamer into a multi-threaded application. In addition, loads of problems may arise after that. So I strongly prefer to leave it as a single threaded application.

But the way, if you want to preview or rename only selected files, then you can simply unmark the rest of the files, because only marked files will be processed.

#3 2008-01-05 22:47

MickeyMiner

OK,

I understand.

Could you at least implement, that after one "bulk" operation another one does not start immediately?
...the interface should accept new input only after this operation is completed. Otherwise the steps are buffered and the ReNamer has to be killed. This is especially when I had "Auto preview" option switched on.

mm

#4 2008-01-07 17:34

den4b
Administrator

Use the Mark/UnMark options to mark only a small bunch of files (your "bulk"). Only marked files will be processed.

If you don't know how to mark the files - right-click on the files table to get an extensive context menu.

Board footer