#1 2008-01-03 18:28

andreone

Add rule and keep dialog open

Hi,
When creating a set of rules, it would be convenient to have a button in the "add rule dialog" that allow to add a rule to the list and keep the dialog opened, so an other rule can be immediately defined.
I don't mean to change the current behavior, but just add a third button that says something like "Add & stay open".
Thank you

#2 2008-01-05 19:51

den4b
Administrator

Re: Add rule and keep dialog open

Will it be any help for you to know the following...?

If you double-click on the Rules window OR press the "Insert" key (while focused on the Rules window) => "Add Rule" dialog will popup.

My policy on adding new buttons/fields/etc .. is not to add them unless they are really needed, to keep the interface as clean as possible.

#3 2008-01-05 21:49

andreone

press the "Insert" key (while focused on the Rules window)

I was not aware of that.
My point was indeed not to have to take the mouse between each rule and this actually does the trick.
Thank you.

All this actually leads me to a second idea:
while in the "Add Rule" dialog, Ctrl+Up/Down would select the above/bottom rule in the list view, to switch quickly between the kind of rule (instead of multiple tabs or shift+tab to return to list view).
How does it sound to you?

#4 2008-01-07 17:32

den4b
Administrator

andreone wrote:

I was not aware of that.

Now that you said this, I think you might not be aware of the context menus for rules and files tables. Right-click on them to get more options, with more shortcuts.

In the Rules dialog, you can use Home/End or PageUp/PageDown to go the very top/bottom rule, but you'll have to be focused in the rules box.

Board footer