#1 2006-04-28 11:17

LawOfNonContradiction

ReNamer: PascalScript

I like the examples dropdown in the Edit Rule box.   Would it be possible to add a button to save- or export current PascalScript?   This is different from "save preset" in that presets save a rules list, and PascalScript is one kind of rule.  Perhaps add a dropdown within the PascalScript dialogue with its own respective user-presets?

#2 2006-04-28 11:33

den4b
Administrator

Re: ReNamer: PascalScript

I was thinking about that already.. but here is only ONE issue:
You know the way that ReNamer is a single executable (ReNamer.exe), and it is a Very strong point - it doesn't require any other files at all smile When I was writing those Examples for PascalScript, I thought of putting them into a separate folder (like Presets), but then I will have to distribute that folder with the examples as well... you see where I'm getting?

At the same time, it still will be a single executable... Let me think about this one, I'll get back to you... smile

#3 2006-04-29 01:10

den4b
Administrator

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Projects/ReNamer/ReNamerBeta.zip

Here it is! I have separated PascalScript examples into a separate folder called "Scripts" smile
Users can Save their own scripts from within the PascalScript rule, and Load them later.

EDIT:
"Scripts" folder is optional, and doesn't have to exist for ReNamer to work properly!

#4 2006-05-05 11:12

LawOfNonContradiction

awesome.. I'll definately download that and play around with it smile

When I saw the original interface I was immediately reminded of Disruptor OL.. and that's what inspired my suggestion.

#5 2006-05-06 23:52

den4b
Administrator

Law of NonContradiction wrote:

When I saw the original interface I was immediately reminded of Disruptor OL.. and that's what inspired my suggestion.

Hmm... Disruptor OL is a spam filter for MS Outlook, and ReNamer is a file/folder renaming utility.

Did I miss anything?  :conf:  How could you be reminded about Disruptor OL, by looking at ReNamer's interface? They have completely different interface and purpose, nothing in common..

#6 2006-05-09 16:05

LawOfNonContradiction

the purposes are completely different but the dialogues are similar.... to me only?   I'll screen capture the one I was thinking of when I switch to that computer later.  big_smile

cheers

#7 2006-05-09 17:27

Board footer