#1 2008-03-05 08:27

camel

I would like to edit the headline IPTC tag - will this work?

HI

I need to edit the headline IPTC tag in images. I need to serialise, and remove spaces, and capitalise the first letter of each word. Your program is fantastic but I can't get it to read the IPTC headline tag. I can't find that IPTC tag anywhere in the metadata.

I am using a command line program called exiftool. Maybe I could write the headline to another IPTC tag, which renamer can see.

How would I do this?

#2 2008-03-07 00:26

den4b
Administrator

Re: I would like to edit the headline IPTC tag - will this work?

First of all, ReNamer will never be able to "edit" meta tags, it can only "read" them. It is my policy.

On the other side, if you just want to use IPTC tags value in new names of files, then you should read this topic: IPTC/XMP tag support , which eventually leads to Date and Time from RAW images (CRW, CR2, RAW). Don't get scared away by big scripts, most of it is to do with parsing the date/time strings, which you probably won't need. The second topic describes the way of incorporating output from 3-rd party command line tools into ReNamer.

If you need any further help or guidance, just ask...

#3 2008-03-10 13:30

den4b
Administrator

Re: I would like to edit the headline IPTC tag - will this work?

I have posted a script in IPTC/XMP tag support topic which will extract any EXIF/IPTC/XMP tags from any images supported by Exiv2 tool.

Board footer