#1 2008-04-09 18:59

earthseeker

Insert parent folder name into the filenames

Hi
I have 50 folders with images in them,what I want to do is rename all images the same name as the folders-how can I do this?

#2 2008-04-09 19:23

eR@SeR

Re: Insert parent folder name into the filenames

Hi earthseeker, welcome to the forum. Here is your answer:

Open "Add Rule", select insert, Insert Meta Tag, File_FolderName.

Then you can set where to place name of folder (prefix, sufix etc.)... After that you can add some more rules to manipulate with folder(s) or files. Check appropriate options in Filter settings.
Regards

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-04-09 19:24)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#3 2008-04-09 19:30

Stefan

Hi and welcome.

* Check out the filter settings
* Add Folders ==> add your top folder with the 50 sub-folders
* Add an rule "INSERT"
- - -  press "insert Meta Tag" and choose "File_FolderName"
- - -  do some fine tuning with "Where" to insert

HTH?

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#4 2008-04-09 19:36

eR@SeR

Congrats Stefan this is your jubilee (100). Thanks for that fast response. I'll try also to help as much as I can (know) in responding. You can focus in coplicated questions like RegEx or similar. I can do these easier? Regards

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#5 2008-04-09 19:52

Stefan

Upps, and here is number 101 big_smile

i am typing to much to slowly yikes  You have already finished when i still search the right words tongue

And i am  much gratefully, i get the complicated questions, thank you very much madroll  cool:D
Lets see who is quicker and get the poor victim first... lol

Thanks for helping with ReNamer

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#6 2008-04-09 20:04

eR@SeR

Yes and it will be 102 and so on tongue. You have to be much more faster. Yes I know that roll, but I'm not experienced enough as you are and I figured out in your posts (compliment). You don't have to thank me. I'm member and I take my part like other members, but no welcome big_smile. I can set you a much harder task to you. Do you wanna her it? No, you should focus in forum, trust me lol:lol::lol:

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-04-09 20:04)

#7 2008-04-09 21:43

earthseeker

thank you I will try......

Rod

#8 2008-04-10 16:17

earthseeker

Worked great and thanks! Neat program-hard for me to use as I usually give up on an apllication if I cannot figure it out in 2 minutes <grin>

Nice forum.......

#9 2008-04-10 23:02

eR@SeR

No welcome any time tongue. Well, you have right about giving up. I gave up in begining of using the ReNamer because I didn't know what to do first, how to start roll. Then something made me to get on discovering ReNamer. Here's my story...

Not long ago after knowing about ReNamer, huge problem appeared. Well, I used iTunes to sort mine music into playlist, but something has gone wrong. He MOVED, renamed all mine songs in "Foreign" folder, like he should do (with) in playlist. I saw that I checked option to do this with folders also sad. NOOOO. There was no undo option at all. C'est catastrophe! I was SHOCKED. About 2000 songs are relocated, renamed to his randomly created folders. There was totally mess. Before that, I was sorting all mine music day by day sad sad... Lucky me, he didn't done anything with "Domestic" folder, huh (about 2000 too). Hm, all that chaos is made by THAT iTunes mad:mad::mad:.

But Denis and his MASTERPIECE has made all mine previous and future misery and effort to be a history. I said then and I said again THANK YOU, DENIS!!!

To repay to him I translated ReNamer into Serbian smile. I will for sure make a donation but I really don't have any experience in e-banking and I don't trust that system of payment roll so this is at least I can did.

If somebody want to translate ReNamer or other Deniss tools, then he can check mine post how to do that, on easier way that I did. Here it is http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=242&p=2

P.S. I meant on this, Stefan, when I said: "I can set you a much harder task to you. Do you wanna her it?"

#10 2008-04-15 14:25

den4b
Administrator

Thanks, eR@SeR, for showing your love big_smile

Board footer