#1 2008-08-12 17:34

Andrew

PascalScript Queries

Some of these may sound very basic, which is because I'm just starting off with PascalScript! tongue

1) How can one exit prematurely from PascalScript? Is there a return statement of sorts, or an exit() function?

2) Does PascalScript support break, continue, enhanced/labelled break/continue (as in Java), goto (I know, I know! wink) etc.?

3) Is there a way in PascalScript to count the number of files/folders loaded in the rename list? If not, can we have one please?

#2 2008-08-17 19:06

den4b
Administrator

Re: PascalScript Queries

1) How can one exit prematurely from PascalScript? Is there a return statement of sorts, or an exit() function?
Yes, Exit() function can be used to break out of the code/procedure.

2) Does PascalScript support break, continue, enhanced/labelled break/continue (as in Java), goto (I know, I know! ) etc.?
Yes and No. It supports break and continue within loops, but no labels like goto.

3) Is there a way in PascalScript to count the number of files/folders loaded in the rename list? If not, can we have one please?
You can use N := N + 1 in your code to count the files. With every processed file N will be increased by 1.

Since you are starting off with PascalScript, I should tell you one important thing: it is Delphi/Pascal scripting engine, so you can easily search for either Delphi or Pascal topics on the internet to find loads of information. But bare in mind that PascalScript has its limitation, as opposed to Delphi/Pascal.

Good luck smile

#3 2008-08-19 17:38

Andrew

Re: PascalScript Queries

Thanks a lot, Denis! big_smile

Board footer