#1 2008-08-13 00:49

krtek

Quicker edition of filenames in file table

Hi,
First,
I wondered what would you say, Dennis, for changing (or adding as an option in settings) the behaviour of file table during manual edit of filenames. I think about something like the behaviour that can be seen in mp3tag. If you once press F2 (or start editing filenames) then pressing enter would get you to next filename (and shift enter to the previous one) without exiting the editing mode.

Second,
I guess someone mentioned it already, but I am unable to trace it.
It would be nice to have an option "skip extention" for manual renaming files, so when pressing F2 you would get only filename highlited and ready to edit (and not extention). It would also speed up tuning up automatically generated filenames.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2008-08-13 09:51

Andrew

Re: Quicker edition of filenames in file table

I think I remember reading in that same post (that you mention but can't trace) that Denis said the edit control he uses doesn't allow only selection of part of the filename. I may be wrong... roll

#3 2008-08-13 15:46

Andrew

Regarding the 2 points krtek raised, one has already been discussed by Denis earlier in response to eR@SeR's query. I think krtek's first point (about pressing Enter to get to the next filename) still remains valid. Let's hope Denis can get back to us regarding that when he has the time.

Edit: Post partially deleted as it was off-topic.

Last edited by Andrew (2008-08-13 18:12)

#4 2008-08-13 16:15

krtek

The problem is, that I guess the answer for the first suggestion will be the same as for the second one:

den4b wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't (easily). The little edit box is controlled by the table component, internally.

But let's wait for Dennis to confirm...

Last edited by krtek (2008-08-13 16:16)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#5 2008-11-18 02:33

den4b
Administrator

To be honest, it really is not as simple as it sounds...

For now, I would suggest to use exporting/importing features (especially ones with clipboard) to make changes to the new names manually.

Board footer