#1 2008-09-20 14:19

SafetyCar
Website

Strange thing when double clicking a rule in the check box

I accidentally made double click on the check box of a rule and when the edit dialog appeared I closed it, but after this the rule was ticked but not applied to the files.

Before continuing I must say that I have "AutoPreviewOnRulesChange=1"

I tried a little around this and I got the opposite a check box unmarked with the rule applied. But also that making a new preview it's solved

Back to the first my read about this is that when iI did de first click (check box unticked) de auto-preview made it's job but on the second click... the check box was ticked, but the edit dialog cutted the preview

If you can say the program no to show the dialog when double clicking the check box, I think it would be the best solution

Last edited by SafetyCar (2008-09-20 14:35)

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#2 2008-10-02 10:39

den4b
Administrator

Re: Strange thing when double clicking a rule in the check box

I have implemented a proper procedure for capturing checked state change of the rules, instead of the previously used workaround based on the mouse clicks. Now changes to the checkboxes using right clicks and double clicks will be handled correctly. Please check the latest development version.

Thanks for reporting.

#3 2008-10-02 18:37

SafetyCar
Website

I,ve tryed it but I think something is going wrong...

If you put two rules of the same type (insert, delete, case...) when you edit one of them, the other is automatically changed to the same parameters of the other rule.

I don't know if you can handle de table as you want, but if you could go back to the previous beta, and just disable that de check box can open the edit dialog. This way you could make 2 clicks in the rule just to see how the names change with and without the rule, and the edit option does not disturb.
_____

Other minor problem is that, if I had a wrong character it gives 2 times the warning, instead the 1 normal

I think it's better to go back to the previous beta sad

Sorry for the problems roll roll roll

#4 2008-10-03 14:07

den4b
Administrator

I have no idea how you got this: "If you put two rules of the same type when you edit one of them, the other is automatically changed to the same parameters". I could not reproduce it, and don't see any reasons why it should do this. The only possible explanation is that sometimes when you double click on the checkbox no rule actually gets selected, so the application will think that you are trying to add a new rule instead of editing the double clicked one, and that is fine.

Going back is not an option, as the new way of detecting the changed state of the checkbox is much more robust. There is a good reason why you see 2 warnings when you double click on the checkbox is because when you use double click the state changes twice, so the automatic preview happens twice as well.

There is an easy solution for you, just don't click twice on the checkboxes... Or use "space" key if you need to trigger rules on/off very often.

#5 2008-10-03 16:02

eR@SeR

den4b wrote:

I have no idea how you got this: "If you put two rules of the same type when you edit one of them, the other is automatically changed to the same parameters". I could not reproduce it, and don't see any reasons why it should do this.

I reproduced SafetyCar's issue i.e. parameters cannot be saved in fact. It wasn't case with 5.30 and previous beta only with latest one.
Let me explain manually:

1) Insert "1" as Prefix
2) Delete from Position 1 until Count reaches 1 (skip extension)
3) Capitalize every word (skip extension)

Then duplicate 1), 2), 3) rules, edit one of them, do your changes, click save and your parameters weren't changed/accepted.

It is case with one duplicated rule in fact. I just took SafetyCar's example (I hope that you think about this case).

He forgot to mention that you have to add 1 or more files to file table to reproduce the issue.
Good notice SafetyCar smile

den4b wrote:

...Or use "space" key if you need to trigger rules on/off very often.

I didn't know for this shortcut till now tongue roll

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-10-03 16:05)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#6 2008-10-03 16:50

SafetyCar
Website

den4b wrote:

Going back is not an option, as the new way of detecting the changed state of the checkbox is much more robust. There is a good reason why you see 2 warnings when you double click on the checkbox is because when you use double click the state changes twice, so the automatic preview happens twice as well.

May be I didn't explian correctly, this problem is no when you double click. Imagine yo insert a ":", when the rule is added the warning appears two times.

About the other problem, eR@SeR has explained it (thanks, eR@SeR)

#7 2008-10-04 10:40

den4b
Administrator

Now I was able to reproduce the rules editing problem, and discovered an issue with the new method for capturing checkbox changes. All of the problems should be fixed now, in the latest dev version. Also, double-clicking the checkbox will no longer trigger the edit/add rule dialog.

Thanks for your input guys!

#8 2008-10-04 13:08

eR@SeR

SafetyCar wrote:

This way you could make 2 clicks in the rule just to see how the names change with and without the rule, and the edit option does not disturb.

den4b wrote:

Also, double-clicking the checkbox will no longer trigger the edit/add rule dialog.

Excellent suggestion/solution big_smile

den4b wrote:

Or use "space" key if you need to trigger rules on/off very often.

What about to add into rule context menu "Untick/tick or Uncheck/check rule   Space" option?
Like I said I didn't know about this shortcut...

No welcome...we're here to help wink

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#9 2008-10-15 22:37

den4b
Administrator

What about to add into rule context menu "Untick/tick or Uncheck/check rule Space" option?

I don't think there is a great need for it, as it is a standard Windows key for marking/unmarking checkbox lists...

#10 2008-10-15 23:57

eR@SeR

Yes, you totally right. Nothing more to add since I didn't know that is a standard Windows key/shortcut...

Board footer