#1 2009-06-10 05:33

cworkman29729
Banned

Can I Use This App With My App?

Hi I Made A Bible App In C# With Optional Audio Support! And I Want To Know If I Can Use This In My App?

Basically The EndUser Would Download The Full Audio Bible From A WebSite Then Extract Them To a Folder!

Then In My App I Would Like To Make It As Easy As Possible!

So My Setup Would Need To Be LIkewise!

User CLick Options >> Settings >> Prepare Audio Files

Thats When I Need To Call Renamer From Within My App!

Can I Redistribute This?

Thanks!!

#2 2009-06-10 09:44

krtek

Re: Can I Use This App With My App?

I guess that's more for General forum. Maybe this will help you to find out: Licensing of Denis's apps.

But first of all: START WRITING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.
Your Way To Make It All With First Letter Capital And With An Exclamation Marks With No Point Is More Than Annoying!!!
And there's nothing cool or "personal style" in it. It's just a way to show your lack of respect for your reader.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#3 2009-06-10 10:10

cworkman29729
Banned

Ummm If You Dont Like The Way I Type Then I Guess You Will Just Have To Get Over It! big_smile Just B/c You Don't Like It Doesn't Mean Im Gonna Change My Way Of Typing!! Personally Between Me & Whoever It May Concern! I DON'T GIVE A RATS A** WHAT ANYONE Thinks! There Did I Make Myself Clear?

Good Now That Where On The Same Page Thanks For The Reply big_smile

Last edited by cworkman29729 (2009-06-10 10:17)

#4 2009-06-10 10:16

prologician

<LOL & applauds> I could not have said it better, krtek. smile

I'm also going to bring up that if you're needing to bring in ReNamer from an external application like you're suggesting, you're probably doing something very strange (and therefore, probably something very wrong). Even C has support for renaming files, using the rename() function in the stdio.h library (I don't know C#, so I presume it has this functionality. If it doesn't... learn a programming language that supports file manipulation). And if you really need Unicode support (I'm seriously doubting it here), there's probably a Windows API call to match.

PS: workman, it's not a good first impression to already take on a belligerent attitude like this. Please tone it down to avoid yelling, continuous caps, needing to curse (and then be censored), etc... and please try to be like a normal human being. smile

Last edited by prologician (2009-06-10 10:20)

#5 2009-06-10 10:20

cworkman29729
Banned

prologician wrote:

<LOL & applauds> I could not have said it better, krtek. smile

I'm also going to bring up that if you're needing to bring in ReNamer from an external application like you're suggesting, you're probably doing something very strange (and therefore, probably something very wrong). Even C has support for renaming files, using the rename() function in the stdio.h library (I don't know C#, so I presume it has this functionality. If it doesn't... learn a programming language that supports file manipulation). And if you really need Unicode support (I'm seriously doubting it here), there's probably a Windows API call to match.

Well Im Doing It This Way B/c There Are Alot Of Audio Files To Be Renamed And ReNamer Was The Easiest Way I Found To Rename Them

For Example! The Book Of Psalms Has 150 Audio Files By ItSelf!

And It Wasn't Censored smile I Did The ** MySelf smile So I didn't really curse! smile & You Still Got The Idea! GREAT JOB!

Last edited by cworkman29729 (2009-06-10 10:30)

#6 2009-06-10 10:49

krtek

Well, if it is about me I'm going to ignore the guy and anyone who goes that way. My time is to precious and I'm not gonna waste it reading posts that could be read in five less time if they were written normally. People do read and think with sentences and not separate words.
That's all from me. No support for cworkman29729 and DroidDotBot and anyone similar from now on.

Last edited by krtek (2009-06-10 10:50)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#7 2009-06-10 11:09

prologician

cworkman29729 wrote:

For Example! The Book Of Psalms Has 150 Audio Files By ItSelf!

It is for this reason that there are such constructs as FOR loops. Not seeing why you need to bring in another program.

I also wonder how you would interface your program with ReNamer. There is no API to call renaming functions.... are you planning on leaving a note for the end user on how to rename bunches and bunches of files? That's a really poor design. And if you do plan on using ReNamer with a preset to handle the renaming operations, and just pass along all the filename parameters, I fall back on my first point.... a good programmer would be able to do it within their own program.

cworkman29729 wrote:

And It Wasn't Censored smile I Did The ** MySelf smile So I didn't really curse! smile & You Still Got The Idea! GREAT JOB!

Censorship is censorship, regardless of whether you do so yourself or not. If you need to censor it, it's still cursing.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated by me. I'm following krtek's lead. Have fun writing your program.

#8 2009-06-10 11:35

cworkman29729
Banned

My App Basically Builds A Batch File!

Then Calls ReNamer From The Batch File Using Command Line Parameters With This

START /W ReNamer.exe /rename "Holy Bible KJV" "Folder With All The Audio Files"

There's 1189 Audio Files That Need To Be Renamed So Its Not That I Can't Do It! Im Just To Lazy To Do It. :-p

Last edited by cworkman29729 (2009-06-10 11:39)

#9 2009-06-13 16:35

den4b
Administrator

WARNING: cworkman29729

If you want to receive any further support on this forum, you should really consider following points:

• Respect other users, especially when they are trying to help you.

• No foul language, whether it is censored or uncensored does not matter.

• Adjust your typing habits, as it is very difficult for other users to read you posts.

Failing to follow these guidelines will result in your account been banned!

P.S. prologician and krtek, if similar case happens again, please, do not hesitate to report it to me directly over the email.

#10 2009-06-13 20:08

cworkman29729
Banned

Ban Me Then! Im Not Changing The Way I Type Just B/c Some Fugg R Doesn't Like The Way I Type! Hell My Request Is Simple! I Didn't Come Here To Get A Lecture On How "UN-HUMANLY" I Type! So If You OR ANY One Don't LIke it "FUCK YOU ALL"!

lol I Don't Need This DAMN FORUM! OR RENAMER!! INFACT I Already got off my LAZY Ass And Coded 1189 Lines of code into my App smile

File.Move(Source, Destination); Yeap Its That Easy!

PS: Have Fun Banning Me!

Last edited by cworkman29729 (2009-06-13 20:13)

Board footer