#1 2009-08-10 23:49

icerapids

Merging presets

heya guys.. i was wondering if theres a way to merge or stack/insert multiple presets together, ive noticed that Renamer erases or clears the presets/rules you currently are working with if you try to insert another set from the menu, this makes it a hassle if you have large sets of rules that sometimes you may need to use "together" vs in seperate stages, it would also allow for us beginners like myself to make better presets by chopping/refining already existing smaller presets into larger ones.

maybe there should be an checkbox option to: Clear current rules when applying presets in the settings area?  ..just a thought smile

i dunno.. maybe this question is for the Author of the program: Den4b, but i throw this question out there to you all.. hmm

thx for reading.. hopefully theres a solution..  smile

#2 2009-08-11 00:58

den4b
Administrator

Re: Merging presets

Your topic has revoked a memory of another similar topic: Merge Append Presets Rules.

I have decided to add this feature to ReNamer, since the demand for it is growing. I've added an Append option the the Presets manager. You can try it in the latest dev version: ReNamerBeta.zip

#3 2009-08-11 03:05

icerapids

PERFECT!   smile smile smile

whats funny is that i ran out of things to rename, so i find myself trying to search for new things to rename..  lol  big_smile

thx again.. and great addition!  smile

#4 2009-08-11 15:55

narayan

Denis,

If we have loaded a few rules beforehand, we cannot add the rules from a preset to the stack.

A suggestion:

CTRL+n loads the rules defined in nth preset to the rules area.
Let SHFT+CTRL+n ADD those rules to the currently loaded rules.

#5 2009-08-11 18:46

krtek

narayan wrote:

If we have loaded a few rules beforehand, we cannot add the rules from a preset to the stack.

It is possible. With preset manager.

But the menu Append and SHIFT+CTRL+n shortcuts might be a good idea.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

Board footer