#1 2010-05-07 16:24

eR@SeR

Analyze dialog and Meta Tags

When you use any (most checked) Metatag in Analyze window you get this:

metatag.jpg

It is expected to see the same data in Analyze window as in Files table, instead raw tags are displayed not their values. I hope that it could be fixed.

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#2 2010-05-07 20:22

SafetyCar
Website

Re: Analyze dialog and Meta Tags

Well, but I think that's not possible because the Analyze window can be used even when there are no files on the list. I mean, the Analyze window is not linked to any file so it's logical to get that result roll

Last edited by SafetyCar (2010-05-07 20:24)

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#3 2010-05-08 03:52

eR@SeR

I think it is linked.
Add any of the rules (without using metatags), select one or several files in files table, right click on them, choose Analyze name and you'll see that they are, right? Why should we use Analyze Name option then? The thing is that you can use Analyze dialog for other purposes for ex. to edit some text from txt files but then metatags cannot extract any of information cause it is text, not file(s).
Maybe Analyze Name and Analyze sample text option should be separated process? I don't know hmm

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#4 2010-05-08 10:16

SafetyCar
Website

eR@SeR wrote:

Add any of the rules (without using metatags), select one or several files in files table, right click on them, choose Analyze name and you'll see that they are, right?

Yes, but I think what ReNamer does is to get the file names to use it on the Analyze window, it's not working with the file, just with the text of the file name.

#5 2010-06-03 18:10

eR@SeR

ReNamer 5.50+ Beta 27
* Eliminated unnecessary calls to apply rules in Analyze dialog;

Is this related to this issue? If yes I don't see any changes sad

#6 2010-06-03 21:07

Stefan

The Analyze window works with plain strings only to test the rules, not with real files.

If you call Analyze from the context menu just the file names are collected and pasted in,
not the files itself. So :metatag:'s just can not be resolved.
And it's not really needed either, the placeholder is enough to get the idea,
the real result you see in NewName column by using [Preview]. (As long as you
don't use [Rename] nothing happens)

I use the Analyze to test rules without having the need to find real files first.

Of course it's always nice to have all... but is there really an need for this to make Denis even more work?
Can't you life with this?  wink

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#7 2010-06-04 14:53

eR@SeR

The Analyze window works with plain strings only to test the rules, not with real files.

If you call Analyze from the context menu just the file names are collected and pasted in, not the files itself. So :metatag:'s just can not be resolved.

I don't get it. What do you mean by real files? How it cannot be resolved?
Why metatags cannot be simply shown as in filetable? Maybe it's better to wait Denis's opinion...

And it's not really needed either, the placeholder is enough to get the idea,
the real result you see in NewName column by using [Preview]. (As long as you
don't use [Rename] nothing happens)

My intention was to copy some, not all "Name"/"New Name" filenames, to other text editors. It's not nice to see ":metatag:" in Analyze window. I noticed this drawback, posted here and IMO it's a miss. I hope that you agree?
Note: I know for "Export new names into clipboard" option, but don't want all as I said.

Of course it's always nice to have all... but is there really an need for this to make Denis even more work?

After all, that work doesn't have to be done. It's up to Denis whether he can or will do it. Any proposed, feasible suggestion can be done in 1 day, month or even more depending on his occupation... We are here to make ReNamer even better so why should we get that in question?

Can't you life with this?

I can live with it as before off course wink

#8 2010-06-04 15:50

SafetyCar
Website

you could also get the file name by pressing F2

#9 2010-06-04 20:08

Stefan

I agree that's an miss for you and it would be nice to have this feature  tongue
But Denise is way to nice, if he read our suggestion he always try to help
and spend his free time for this, so i try to weigh up the pros and cons
and try to think about all the issue that may happen, to get sure an implementation
of such an new feature will be done right if it would be done. No special offense to your person  smile

Since we don't know how hard this would be to implement to the analyzer...
would it be O.K. for you , to provide Denis an alternative, if all export functions
for the file (and rules) list would respect the current selection?

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#10 2010-06-06 12:41

den4b
Administrator

Stefan and SafetyCar were correct when they talked about content of the Analyze dialog. That's why I didn't replying, the answer was already there.

Analyze dialog is designed to process text, not the files, although filenames can be used as sample text. That is why meta tags cannot be extracted.

Board footer