#1 2010-05-15 10:17

Zoli1972

Doesn't start any action / "forgets" settings randomly

Hi,

1.) If events happen, Shutter doesn't start any action for them. I 've recorded a little video to show what happens:

http://www.vidup.de/v/3nLVV/AutoScreenRecorder_03.avi

2.) Randomly, when starting Shutter, it deletes its settings and resets itself to default. If that happens, I have to stop Shutter, delete the old settings file, and restore it from my backups. It's very annoying.

I'm using version 3.00 Beta 35

Zoli

#2 2010-05-15 13:10

den4b
Administrator

Re: Doesn't start any action / "forgets" settings randomly

1) That is how the "ALL" logic worked until now. Read the hint by pressing the small help button beside the drop down menu for logic. What you really want is to change the behavior of the logic, like described here: Continues event monitoring for ALL logic. If you download the latest Beta version you'll find that "ALL" logic will behave like you wanted.

2) This can happen when you are running multiple instance of Shutter. They will share the same "Shutter.ini" configuration file. Settings are loaded when application is started and saved when application is closed.

#3 2010-06-04 11:39

Zoli1972

Re: Doesn't start any action / "forgets" settings randomly

1.) The ALL logic is set since I started using shutter. Never used another option in that box.

2.) There are no multiple instances. Always one at a time.

My problems go that far now, that ...

a.) ...Shutter even "forgets" it's web frontend settings, so that I'm unable to connect to it remotely anymore

b.) ...it's also not "arming" itself on startup, although it is set to do so. This happens mostly, when Shutter started via commandline. Settings are still there at this time (I checked them).

c.) ...if "armed", Shutter doesn't start any action on an event, or it randomly starts actions,  such as "Message" and "Sleep", not caring about event settings.

d.) ...if c.) happens, "Message" is not caring about clicked "Restart events" option in message box.

Shutter is being started and closed by an Autoit script.

Here's the code of my script:

WinClose("Shutter"); tries to close Shutter's window
ProcessClose("Shutter.exe"); if closing window fails, tries to kill Shutter
Run("C:\Programme\Shutter\Shutter.exe", "C:\Programme\Shutter"); Start shutter from it's directory

Zoli

Board footer