#1 2006-08-15 14:51

dloneranger

Suggestion for pascalcript

1) For people who are new to pascal (and me tongue), maybe you could expose a variable called something like 'CurrentFileNumber' - it'd be easier to use than the global variable and 'inc'ing it every step

2) Please could you make the help for pascalscript non modal ?
It's a complete pain when you need to read the help but can't type into the rules window

Pain in the a** ain't I wink

#2 2006-08-23 15:34

den4b
Administrator

Re: Suggestion for pascalcript

1) For people who are new to pascal (and me), maybe you could expose a variable called something like 'CurrentFileNumber' - it'd be easier to use than the global variable and 'inc'ing it every step

You can emulate that varibale your-self, by using this template:

var
  CurrentFileNumber: Integer;

begin
  CurrentFileNumber := CurrentFileNumber + 1;
end.

2) Please could you make the help for pascalscript non modal? It's a complete pain when you need to read the help but can't type into the rules window

I WILL!!! smile  By the way, all the help files are simply HTML files and you can find them in the ReNamer\Help folder.

#3 2006-08-24 13:55

dloneranger

Cheers (again) big_smile

#4 2006-09-04 11:52

den4b
Administrator

#5 2008-02-29 06:59

krtek

Could you, please, make the "Add Rule" dialog window non-modal as well?

I'm asking for it because of very similar reason. As I'm newbie to PascalScript I use some documentation for that which is either pdf or html.
As ReNamers window is really small, I like to have it on top, over the documentation file, so I can see examples of coding and use it while editing script.
Problem starts when I need to move the ReNamer window to show the text that is hidden beneath it. I have to close "Add Rule" dialog with my PascalScript (and very often get info about errors - from compiler, or from auto-preview), then move the ReNamer window, open my script, move the "Add Rule" dialog, and only then continue coding.

It would be wonderful if you could simply move "Add Rule" dialog, then ReNamer window and done. (As it is eg. with "Anylize name" dialog).

I think it could help some users with writing RegEx's as well. It is nice to see help file and your code in the same time.

What do you think about it?

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#6 2008-03-02 18:46

den4b
Administrator

> Could you, please, make the "Add Rule" dialog window non-modal as well?

I'm afraid the answer is NO. There are too many things that can go wrong if rules dialog would be non-modal, for example: the user might delete the rule which he is currently editing. It will be a huge vulnerability and not future proof at all. I would rather leave it modal.

Board footer