#1 2018-01-24 22:02

kayten

Can't Shutter run or reset automatically?

Hi, I'm still new to Shutter and I wonder if someone can help me out with this.

I've set it up to close a program after a set time (15 mins, in this case). But I have to set it to run, and then, if the program closes down and I restart it, I still have to set it to run.

Isn't there a way to make it just put that into effect automatically? It would be so much better if, once I'd used the program, the clock would start again automatically. If I forget to start Shutter manually and leave my desk, the program will stay open just the way it used to, before I had Shutter.

Or am I missing something obvious?

#2 2018-01-24 22:10

den4b
Administrator

Re: Can't Shutter run or reset automatically?

Maybe you are looking for something like this...

Events [1BY1]:
1) Process: Starts "MyProgram.exe", check every 5 seconds
2) User Inactive: Inactive for 0:15:00 using Last Input Event

Actions:
1) Kill Process: "MyProgram.exe"
2) Utilities: Restart events

#3 2018-01-25 18:58

kayten

Perfect! Thank you! If I seem a bit slow, it's because my brain's been affected by a condition I have, things are much harder for me to grasp sometimes these days.

Another question: I don't seem to be able to use Shutter for more than one task ... if I start to create a new one, the original one disappears. I know I'm limited with the trial version to 5 tasks/operations, but I seem to be limited to just one in reality. Or am I once again missing something (probably something obvious)?

#4 2018-01-26 13:53

den4b
Administrator

kayten wrote:

Another question: I don't seem to be able to use Shutter for more than one task ... if I start to create a new one, the original one disappears. I know I'm limited with the trial version to 5 tasks/operations, but I seem to be limited to just one in reality. Or am I once again missing something (probably something obvious)?

You can save your configuration (events and actions) in a preset, which you can then load at any point to use the same setup. A single instance of Shutter can only run a single set of events and actions at a time. However, you can use multiple instances of Shutter and run several different and independent configurations at the same time.

The free version of Shutter has a few limitations, including a maximum of 5 actions and 5 events at any one time.

#5 2018-01-26 18:00

kayten

Thank you for the info. I'm starting to understand this (I think!).

It's certainly a very clever and capable piece of software.

Board footer