#1 2007-05-02 23:57

wbc1228

Make renamer not beep when changing rules?

hi
In the future, can there be an option to make renamer NOT beep at you every time a rule is changed?
Other than that, I think renamer is pretty much perfect!
Awesome job deb4b!
thanks

#2 2007-05-03 09:25

den4b
Administrator

Re: Make renamer not beep when changing rules?

Hi there!

This is strange... I don't know why you get that beep, because it's not meant to beep at any stage! Maybe there is something strange with your Sound Schemes (look in the Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices). Does it only happen for ReNamer? Or perhaps for other software as well?

#3 2007-05-10 00:22

wbc1228

hummm....
weird indeed....
This "beep" sound that I keep getting when a rule a selected isn't coming from the speakers.
Even if my speakers are turned off, renamer still beeps at me whenever a rule is selected.
I think this beep sound might be coming from the motherboard, it sounds like one of those
beep that you get when the bios is in some sort of trouble as the computer boots up.
I'm only getting this beep in renamer which is weird.
It seems that I'm the only one having this problem so it is probably an isolated incident
(side effect of my Vista OS?, not enough ram?, who knows.... Oh well...).
It is cool since renamer is still fully functional.
thanks for the quick reply, den4b!

#4 2007-05-10 10:22

den4b
Administrator

That might be the PC Speaker which makes the noise - which is really really strange!

Can you tell me how exactly you get those beeps produced, for example:
1) Double-clicking on the rules table to add a rule;
2) Via the context menu of the rules table;
3) Via the "Add" button just above the rules table;

???

#5 2007-05-12 04:07

wbc1228

I disconnected the speakers and the beep sound didn't go away
so I'm not sure where this beep is coming from.
I can add new rules just fine using the 3 methods mentioned above.
I only get the beep sound (a single beep) whenever I click on an existing rule
that is already in the rules table (to either change the rule or remove it).
The beep sound can also be replicated by hitting the up or down arrow key when
I'm in the rules table (assuming there are at least one rule already present in the rule tables).

Last edited by wbc1228 (2007-05-12 04:08)

#6 2007-05-13 23:53

den4b
Administrator

Hmm... Not sure what to do with it. We'll have to wait until I get my hands on Vista, with my development environment setup on it. I have no idea why this silly sound is produced.

Can you tell me one more thing... When you double-click to add/change the rule, do you get the beep straight after you double-clicked, or only when you close the rules dialog? And do you get the beep if you use the right-click context menu to add/edit the rule?

#7 2007-05-16 03:59

wbc1228

den4b wrote:

Hmm... Not sure what to do with it. We'll have to wait until I get my hands on Vista, with my development environment setup on it. I have no idea why this silly sound is produced.

Can you tell me one more thing... When you double-click to add/change the rule, do you get the beep straight after you double-clicked, or only when you close the rules dialog?

It beeps immediately when I click on an existing rule.
If I double click on an existing rule, it beeps immediately upon the first click (before the computer even registers the second click).

den4b wrote:

And do you get the beep if you use the right-click context menu to add/edit the rule?

Yes, it also beeps when I use the right-click context menu to EDIT/DELETE an existing rule.
Please note it never beeps at me when I add a NEW rule, just when an existing rule is selected.

#8 2007-05-16 13:18

den4b
Administrator

Thank you for your details, I will look into this issue once I get my hands on VISTA.

Board footer