#1 2007-05-22 00:03

Fathom

Column sorting fix solution?

Maybe this has already been brought up but I didn't find any.  But even if so, to reiterate...

If I understand correctly, Renamer appears to sort lexicographically using least significant digit radix.  It would be really truly helpful if it used "most significant digit" radix sort.  See Wikipedia "Radix Sort" for some implementations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix_sort

Column sorting in ReNamer is different than in Windows XP ("Details" view, name column sort).

In ReNamer it seems impossible to sort the following three files in order:
9.txt
10.txt
11.txt

I would like to be able to drag folders to ReNamer, and even work folders recursivly but can't with most audio books (see post, (yet to be posted)).

The only current work around I can think of is to first rename all files by padding any numbers found in titles.  Either that, or drag files carefully by top file (in sorted order) and work one open folder at a time.  Or other even less elegant solutions combining other programs.

I have lots of folders to work.

Fathom

#2 2007-05-22 17:28

den4b
Administrator

Re: Column sorting fix solution?

I think you are talking about Natural Sorting Order, yes?
At the moment ReNamer does not do that, but im planning to add this feature in the future.

But you can still sort in that way, by using the "Name Digits" column (right-click the table's header to see more).

#3 2007-05-29 23:38

den4b
Administrator

Re: Column sorting fix solution?

To close up the topic:

Natural Sorting Order algorithm has been introduced in the latest development version, as an experimental option.

Board footer