#11 2007-10-12 22:43

Edu_Brazil

Re: Different languages and localization

If u want , i can help u with the brazilian portuguese translation. Because i need this translation too.

#12 2007-10-13 18:50

den4b
Administrator

Edu_Brazil wrote:

If u want , i can help u with the brazilian portuguese translation. Because i need this translation too.

Thanks for your wish to help! There is no easy way of translating any of my programs yet.

I will let you know if translation becomes possible without major obstacles...

#13 2008-02-28 18:35

krtek

I can do the Polish version:-)
Just let me know when the multi-language support will be added.
Do not be affraid of slowing down the development process. The most recent version will always be the English one... And if language files would be independent of program itself (stored in separate files, loaded with program start) you could always release the English version as soon as it would be ready and then wait for language files to be released for that version. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#14 2008-03-02 18:32

den4b
Administrator

I'm not anymore considering adding a built-in multilingual support, not in nearest future.

I spent a lot of time exploring this subject in the past, and came to the conclusion that it will require way too much overhead.

Anyway, some users are translating my programs with specialized tools, like: Sisulizer, Multilizer, Restorator.

#15 2008-03-04 00:55

eR@SeR

I translated 5.20 version into Serbian, so I will make easier to you to translate into your language (I spent hours - days of translating, visual editing, introducing with Multilizer, then with Sisulizer...). My will to translate ReNamer is bigger than any of these challenges, so I finally managed in mine goal. I hope that you will overrun all these problems easier than me now wink.

First of all, that programs ain't free (Sisulizer ~1900 euro, Multilizer about this sum too). That is the biggest problem. You have to buy them or to find way to obtain full versions.

First step, I translated strings with Multilizer because it is better for this action. By the way you have to introduce with all buttons, options, to start with translation in Multilizer. Multilizer cannot edit ReNamer with Visual editor. Perhaps it is bug, I don't know. I don't have too much time to write to them what is the problem etc. Many of english strings are narrow than mine translation, so Sisulizer is on action. You have to spread them to be shown appropriate. Sisulizer is excellent tool for such action (Visual editing)...

Therefore, you have to translate first, then edit with Sisulizer's visual editor. It is piece of cake big_smile.

If you have any obscurity, post it here, then I'll try to answer to you.

Go into new victories, let's translate Denis's EXCELLENT tools cool !!!

P.S. Ozzi helped me in finding appropriate tool for (visual) tranlsation big_smile. Хвала ти!

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#16 2008-08-11 23:49

eR@SeR

If you have free time download latest Sisulizer, do spell check and you'll find several spelling mistakes found in ReNamers strings. It's not big deal tongue

* Rule descriptions are added to the localizable resource strings;

Good advance wink

Meta tag hint strings aren't localizable, and rules too. Could you make it to be? roll

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#17 2008-11-03 17:48

Scooter

My workplace gave me a Mac.  I miss Renamer's amazing user-friendliness, someone wanna translate it for OSX?!?  Please!

Last edited by Scooter (2008-11-03 17:51)

#18 2008-11-04 08:07

Stefan

Scooter wrote:

My workplace gave me a Mac.  I miss Renamer's amazing user-friendliness, someone wanna translate it for OSX?!?  Please!

Hello Scooter and welcome.

See, in this thread people talk about "multilingual support" for human languages like german, french or cyrillic.
There is no plan to port an Win32-app to Linux afaik Denis plans (i thought i would find an statement while searching the forum... but miss).

-

But there is "Parallels"  tongue
Run Windows, Linux and more side-by-side on Mac OS X
http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Apfel mit Fenster - Windows auf Mac
http://www.ard.de/ratgeber/multimedia/c … index.html

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#19 2008-11-04 14:38

Andrew

Scooter, if you've been given a new MacIntel, ask them if they can install Bootcamp so you can dual boot between OS X and Windows. Or else ask for VMware Fusion, which is awesome and will allow you to run Windows apps from the dock etc., just like native OS X apps.!

Last edited by Andrew (2008-11-04 14:43)

#20 2009-05-07 11:40

Andrew

From the Home Page:

Also, myself and eR@SeR (Nikola) are trying to figure out a formal procedure for localization, so anybody could do it from their own computer without the use of expensive localization tools. Hopefully, soon we will publish a guide on the forum on how to localize (translate) some of my tools to any language.

What sort of procedure are you looking at implementing, Denis? Is it an XML-based one, or maybe an INI file-based approach as used by Nir Sofer for all his utilities? (For an example of the latter, see bottom of this page.)

Board footer