#1 2008-02-27 03:50

DroidDotBot

ReNamer for dummies??

ReNamer  - renamer for dummies is not listed on amazoin, or ebley ect so

hi sorry if all ready covered  but when your dealing with hundreds of files, all done diffently (mostly without ID tags):(

but mainly with common seperator [space][-][space] Can you assign $tring variable names (like old B.A.S.I.C.) ?

cd001-02 - the thin ice - the wall live in berlin.mp3

using the common seperator [space][-][space] or [" "+"-"+" "] and call it a$, b$ or c$ (or whatever)

for all 3 sets of data in this file-name ( cd#=cd$ - track=tr$ - album=al$ )  - - - AND actually swap them over !!!!

the wall live in berlin - the thin ice - cd001-02.mp3   - - for example or
the thin ice - the wall live in berlin - cd001-02.mp3   - - the thin ice - cd001-02 - the wall live in berlin.mp3
. . .  . . .. .. . . . . . . (seperators stay intact)  ????????????? need all 3 for corruption issues.

<been ripping since MP5/6/?, not always using MsMp's, but all are mp3's now!/? varied bitrates sad >

I understand the first string could be "track" OR "artist", or "cd-database.exe title seq" or even "untitled 15/03/1997" {{{that is what the state box is for use it B4 or not to obtain your desired outcome, look at the previews, when happy - rename }}}

P.S. analyze ?- actually stumps me - text {upper box} and {lower box} does'nt seem to differ ?
(is it me!! the faq's & tutor-al's are not for novices), OKAY the time to translate, combined with various languages both physical and machine code (Bolean, C and windows's other variables must be a real pain - donate!!! - - - better the places, where places are better) <:) <2nd post here>

sorry for rushing but have usually been [timed-out] on posts and reverted to other gnu/freeware support forums and again been (usually) [timed-out] will post again 2 your 'top 20 free good-stuff lists' comodopro2008

'<you may add, alter, edit move, start a new thread or delete , etc or any part of the above for the forums benifet, due to me @being a novice to structured forum searches, and not knowing the 'lingo'@>'

DroidDotBot U.K.

#2 2008-02-27 15:44

krtek

Re: ReNamer for dummies??

First of all... it's REALLY hard to understand what are you asking for.
If you want to change the filename of :
the wall live in berlin - the thin ice - cd001-02.mp3   
to something like this:
the thin ice - the wall live in berlin - cd001-02.mp3
and that's all you want, you can do that with regex rule.

Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+)
Replace: $2 - $1 - $3

\s-\s - is you separator (you can probably use " - " instead, but I'm not sure
(.+) - are the parts of filename between separators (it means any char (".") repeated at least once ("+")

$1, $2, $3 - are parts of filename that match the content of brackets in expression "(.+)", numbered from left to right.

so if you want your output filename to be:
the thin ice - cd001-02 - the wall live in berlin.mp3
you need to put "$2 - $3 - $1" into Replace field.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#3 2008-02-29 01:42

DroidDotBot

yikes

okay  (hope this thin ice holds    big_smile)

(.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+) 

to me is (.+)  is 'lets say' $A,

the 2nd (.+)  is B$, etc for third C$

the \s-\s  being seperator in my cace "[space]-[space]"

got that bit . but the rule addition maybe problematic

Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+) - - - - - - -  defines the s$'s and seperators, check
Replace: $2 - $1 - $3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  bubble sort (1/2 pass etc?)

sad

now how do they translate into adding rules for a 'batch'

cool krTek

Last edited by DroidDotBot (2008-02-29 01:55)

#4 2008-02-29 02:33

DroidDotBot

smile

Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+) - - - - - {strip rule?}

Replace: $2 - $1 - $3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - {replace rule?}

it's the syntax (is it all in one?) - - [Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+), Replace: $2 - $1 - $3]-replace rule?

create a string/value/field between seperators - are auto assigned? and how does the move work? (still close to zero big_smile )

thanks for the seperator- got the code there , but - - - the reordering/moving of @string values@ are getting to me sad

okay lets have a 101 for creating a 2 field file *.mp3 file {(ignore extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)}

001 - paula abdul.mp3

I want to swap

001 <- - - - - - -> with paula abdul

so the file is - - - = paula abdul - 001.mp3     eg:- artist first, then track . mp3

p.s. www.computeractive.co.uk/2158522   found a very value-able tool (spellingz?) there! -> here!

#5 2008-02-29 03:23

krtek

I hope you are using the RegEx rule (not the Replace rule).
You have two fields to fill in that rule dialog:
Expression - which is "what are you want to find"
Replace - "what are you want to replace what you've found with"

If you want to learn more about regular expressions try ReNamer's User Manual (part Regular Expressions) or some tutorial like this:
http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

I know nothing about batching in ReNamer, but I suppose you have to create a preset with set of rules and then invoke ReNamer with that preset as parameter...

Your 101 problem can be solved by RegEx rule:
Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)
Replace: $2 - $1

or
Expression: (\d\d\d)\s-\s(.+)
Replace: $2 - $1

Try to find out what does \d stands for...

And one more thing: in regex's (.+) is not referenced as $A or $B or anything else than $1-$9 (or \1-\9 in Pearl's notation)
so in expression: (boy)\s-\s(girl)
"boy" is stored in $1 reference
and "girl" is stored in $2 reference (as boy is FIRST from left, and girl is SECOND).

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#6 2008-03-02 22:07

DroidDotBot

missed the regex in second post

add new rule ->regex

expression[.+]\s-\s[.+]\s-\s[.+]

replace $2 - $1

then new rule -> regex

expression[.+]\s-\s[.+]\s-\s[.+]

replace $3 - $2

lol krTek big_smile

thank you for your help on this , may your god go with you

#7 2008-03-03 01:52

krtek

Well, I can't understand why you're using TWO regex rules.
You need just one.

Expression: (.+)\s-\s(.+)\s-\s(.+)
Replace: $2 - $3 - $1

You can try to see what does changing "Replace" part for "$1 - $3 - $2" or "$3 - $1 - $2" and so on...
Then you can play trying something like this in Replace: "Second part: $2, and first was $1!"

And you CAN'T use square brackets for creating reference. Only round brackets correspond with $1, $2 and so on.
Square brackets do something completely different. Check the manual or tutorial for more info.

Last edited by krtek (2008-03-03 11:54)

#8 2008-04-09 23:23

DroidDotBot

sorry for neglecting the support, of this valuable product, but been bleeding using it!!!!!!!!! big_smile

anyhoo   (after much time de-selecting huge folders worth of uslessley named files)

above/? post says why use 2/3 ? - some are just "track - artist"

M A I N - T H I N G - I S _ _ _ _ _ _ do a set of clean-up {routines}

if the seperators are incorrectly sourrounded with extra [space]'s -
        make a replace{argument?} and replace under scores with spaces ->all

make a replace to get rid of "more than one space" too equal one space

I've had too move them up and down, on/off - this time = to get best result (percentage wise)

Last edited by den4b (2008-04-10 14:52)

#9 2008-04-15 14:18

den4b
Administrator

DroidDotBot, this a first and last warning!

You have to start writing in a proper and easily understood manner! Your words and sentances do not make any sense most of the times, and nobody can understand them. If you cannot do this your-self, then ask somebody else to write it on your behalf. I am sorry, but any future posts in the same format will be deleted, and can possibly get you banned from the site.

Board footer