#1 2008-08-29 01:33

SafetyCar
Website

Analyze dialog - Possible problem handling lines of text

I saw this 2 things before but I didn't posted it ¿Bugs or not?

------------------

We have 2 sentences:

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. -- Doug Linder

Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame. -- Erica Jong

I paste it to analyze and mark “Apply rules for each line”. With a rule to insert “- ” in front of each line I get this.

2908200815717th9.jpg

I think it’s more logical to insert it just in front of each sentence, because depending on the size of the window you get very different outputs.

-------------------

And the other thing...

The image explains itself, A RegEx to remove new lines

I wanted to ask if that squares are normal

2908200815203ou0.jpg

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#2 2008-08-30 13:35

eR@SeR

Re: Analyze dialog - Possible problem handling lines of text

Well, only solution that I can see, in your case, will be to maximize window to avoid your result. Maybe someone could give you better solution in case if your sentence have more words than these ones hmm
Yes, I had that problems earlier, too and I did maximization.
But there is new question. Could you make undermost window to be updated when Analyze window is maximized?

About your second thing I cannot help you sad. I reproduce it.

One more thing. I pressed accidentaly Ctrl+S while Analyze dialog was opened and Save preset window poped up. I noticed that you changed this behavour too-you disabled main menu shortcuts but this one and Ctrl+M you missed...or maybe on purpose?

Edit: You didn't quoted in change log that you changed behavior for Analyze dialog too, so I previously posted that you forgot to disable all shortcuts from main menu...

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-08-30 13:46)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#3 2008-09-04 23:39

den4b
Administrator

SafetyCar wrote:

I think it's more logical to insert it just in front of each sentence, because depending on the size of the window you get very different outputs.

I agree. I have provided the "Wrap lines" option, which will disable the word wrapping in the text boxes.

SafetyCar wrote:

I wanted to ask if that squares are normal

Yes, they are absolutely normal. In windows new line is represented by a sequence of 2 characters #13#10, which are \r\n in RegEx syntax. So when you remove \n, the \r is still there and is going to be displayed as a square, because it is a non-printable system symbol. All you need to do is to replace \r\n instead of just \n. Example below.

renamerregexnrec9.gif

#4 2008-09-05 00:54

SafetyCar
Website

Oh, thanks for adding that option but also for that explanation smile

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

Board footer