#1 2008-11-06 11:22

MaKu

Marking / Clearing

Hi !

Congratulations for your software, it's great !
(I was using Herve Touzard's 'The Renamer' but it doesn't handle Unicode, so having couple of russian, and polish files I'vz switched to yours)

I would like to suggest something :

When in real time preview after adding the folders/files I check my rules and alwys use 'marking only changed' and immediately 'clear not marked' to see the population affected by the rules checked.

First Question/suggestion

Is it possible to shortcut these options ? If not, is it possible to save this as presets ? Or maybe is it possible to have buttons for marking/clearing on the bar beside "Filters / Export /Option" ?

Second Question/suggestion

In the same spirit changing any rule doesn't refresh 'the file area list ' with all iriginally added files/folders so you have to clear all and rescan again and do the same operation again.

Is it possible to make that the files affected by the rules change the state (arrow colour or new column with new attribute ...)

In general I would like to identify quickly the population of files affected by the rules.

What do you think about it ?

And one more time : good job !

Marek

#2 2008-11-18 01:04

den4b
Administrator

Re: Marking / Clearing

When in real time preview after adding the folders/files I check my rules and alwys use 'marking only changed' and immediately 'clear not marked' to see the population affected by the rules checked.

You can use "highlight changed names" option, and it will make all changed names come up in red color. This will help you identify files that are to be modified. Also, don't be afraid to rename files when their name hasn't changed - it will just do nothing, so you dont' have to delete them from the table.

Is it possible to shortcut these options ? If not, is it possible to save this as presets ? Or maybe is it possible to have buttons for marking/clearing on the bar beside "Filters / Export /Option" ?

Use "clear not changed (Ctrl+D)" option.

In the same spirit changing any rule doesn't refresh 'the file area list ' with all iriginally added files/folders so you have to clear all and rescan again and do the same operation again.

Yes, once you change filters you have to add your folders again. Not planning to change this for several reasons.

Board footer