#11 2006-05-07 11:58

den4b
Administrator

Re: New PascalScript rule

dloneranger wrote:

Um, the PascalScript help? Can't say I've seen that anywhere :conf:

Download the latest dev version, and open the PascalScript rule, in the bottom-right corner, below the field where you enter the code and beside the Scripts button - there is a Help button smile Have a look, it gives you some basic information and lists all the registered functions and types...

#12 2006-05-07 12:38

dloneranger

What on earth is it with me ??
Now you've pointed it out it's blindingly obvious :no:

It makes me wonder what people think of my programs
I've got all sorts of neat stuff hidden away in similar style - do they even know it's there.......

Actually, this has made me realize that I have got to get to grips with adding help files to my stuff

If only it wasn't soooooo boring to do, and i'd probably miss out half the good stuff just from it being so familiar to me

#13 2006-05-08 01:41

den4b
Administrator

Yep, these little things can always be there and we might not even notice them, especially when we are searching for them wink ReNamer has loads of useful features that people are not even aware of, and I often get e-mails saying "It would be nice to have that... and this..." and most of the times I have to answer "Well, it's already there...", so you are not the first one and defiantly not the last one tongue

dloneranger wrote:

Actually, this has made me realize that I have got to get to grips with adding help files to my stuff. If only it wasn't soooooo boring to do, and i'd probably miss out half the good stuff just from it being so familiar to me

So true! Writing those Help files is soooooo boring and time consuming, and the most annoying thing about them - is that they have to be updated on every release :no:

#14 2006-05-09 16:00

LawOfNonContradiction

Denis Kozlov wrote:

is that they have to be updated on every release :no:

You have a new forum... sounds like you might be itching to try a wiki wink

#15 2006-05-09 17:20

den4b
Administrator

Law of NonContradiction wrote:

...sounds like you might be itching to try a wiki wink

Actually, it might be a good idea smile

Except, few things... I will have to use a database (MySQL). For now, I've organized everything to work using only flat text files, so it is easy to manage, no users/accounts required, and it is VERY easy to transfer to another location (since it is all in one folder) ;D

#16 2009-01-25 16:12

Walk Softly

LawOfNonContradiction wrote:

perhaps you'll create a subforum "PascalScript respository"? wink   That way power users can show off, non programming power users can benefit.

+1

Board footer