#1 2009-02-14 17:04

Presets Load shortcuts and NUMPAD

The command Presets Load does not accept CTRL + <digit>, when the digit is pressed in the Num block of the keyboard.

Remarks: I have checked that my Num block is active. The command does work for the digit key above the A..Z part of the keyboard. (I use Vista Ultimate 32b, Logitech Cordless Keyboard without special hardware driver.)

#2 2009-02-14 17:16

Andrew

Re: Presets Load shortcuts and NUMPAD

Confirmed under XP with normal (not cordless) keyboard as well.

#3 2009-02-18 14:00

den4b
Administrator

This is normal. Numbers above the letters and numbers on the keypad are treated differently, in order to distinguish different physical keys on the keyboard, even tho they generate same codes after all. At the moment, I can map menu item only to one physical key, so I'll leave it mapped to numbers above the letters.

Alternative shortcuts can be added but they would require changing menu items into actions. I might do it later,  but I don't think it is worth changing...

#4 2009-02-18 18:52

For your reference, currently Renamer is my only application with this restricted shortcut key behaviour. Of course, I understand that it requires time to program. But, IMO, the thing is not quite as unimportant because it is like being handicapped with one hand for this command.

Board footer