#21 2008-07-23 20:29

eR@SeR

Re: Preset to check english misspelings

SafetyCar wrote:

No one has suggested anything about this, and I'm wondering if there is any problem to do it this way...

"Alphabet is a set of couples represented by letters and separated with an equal sign: they stand for translation of non-english characters to their english representation"

Well, if characters can be replaced then words should be also interpreted. I don't see a problem...except translit window is too small for long words. I think that is your preposition better and easier to understand and implement than Deniss tongue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT it isn't what I'm talking about i.e. I just followed Stefans suggestion of possible new feature called "Whole words" and NOTHING more.
Just I'm sorry that Stefan didn't open new topic to discuss about his excellent suggestion sad

Denis, I think that you misunderstood me about giving your solution to mine problem. It don't have anything about "misspelings"... I described mine problem as much as can.

Edit: Ahh, sorry, sorry I MISUNDERSTOOD YOU.

1) I created misspelled.txt into C:\Documents and Settings\"User"
2) Added: "::i::I"
Works fine big_smile... You are master wink

I hope that I'll not wait long for your reconsideration roll

Thanks a lot big_smile

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-07-23 20:46)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#22 2008-07-23 22:55

Stefan

eR@SeR wrote:

Just I'm sorry that Stefan didn't open new topic to discuss about his excellent suggestion sad

Aaahh, you mean.... since i have "hijacked" this thread with my improvement suggestion... i should open an new thread for this single topic?
You're right, but i think we have talked too many already in this thread about this... so i think just let it be as it is tongue  ...or maybe the mod would do it?
(And thanks to Denis to consider this feature)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#23 2008-07-23 23:30

eR@SeR

You're right, but i think we have talked too many already in this thread about this... so i think just let it be as it is...

...Now it's too late for creation of new topic. You should open new one but never mind tongue

If Denis believe that is necessary to create topic "ReNamer: Whole words" and move our conversation from #9 post (excluding SafetyCars one), then it's OK smile

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#24 2008-07-23 23:51

den4b
Administrator

The script that I posted was not for the "i/I" problem, it was for the 6000+ misspelled words wink

It would be a huge overkill to use that script for "i/I" problem! You can use a single RegEx rule:
Expression: \bi\b
Replace: I
Case sensitive: Yes

Putting "\b" around the expression will work exactly like "whole words only".

P.S. Yes, I am considering that feature tongue

#25 2008-07-24 23:19

eR@SeR

The script that I posted was not for the "i/I" problem, it was for the 6000+ misspelled words

You are telling me that now mad.

Do you know how much time I spend watching your explanation, and try to figure it out what are you telling me...and to be more funny it worked at the end lol:lol::lol:

At the moment replacement is done using RegEx and "\b" meta characters, which isn't the most efficent way.

But what should this mean then? It seemed that script is better solution, but gets opposite in fact tongue

Ohh you get me on "sweet" misery, THANKS a lot smile

Putting "\b" around the expression will work exactly like "whole words only".

Thank you very much. This is the easiest and right solution and I'm satisfied with it tongue

P.S. Yes, I am considering that feature

Did I said thank you again big_smile

#26 2008-07-31 16:36

den4b
Administrator

eR@SeR wrote:

But what should this mean then? It seemed that script is better solution, but gets opposite in fact...

"RegEx isn't the most efficient way" when processing say 6000 files. RegEx is a complex beast of a thing - which does a lot more than just finding word boundaries. But since we are making a script, it would be more efficient to implement/program a little custom function to make replacement of full words only. I just didn't have time to make it, so for the example sake - I used RegEx.

#27 2009-06-09 14:36

Yogui

Hi All,

Sorry I've started this and then disappear... cool

I took note of Den4b pascal script for the future... (hope not too far away)

Seems like a Standard for Spell Check is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell

May be the Db or whatever it uses can be extracted in to a txt file to make rules

or even better a pascal scrip can call the application.

Also I can't find the source of the txt file I got before roll but this post has one

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic44168.html
at:
http://www.autohotkey.net/~sinkfaze/AHK … lCheck.txt

Hope this help.

Cheers, Yogui.

Board footer