#11 2010-02-13 18:16

narayan

Re: Recognize MP4 signature?

Well yes and no: It finds some extensions, but the detected extensions are m4v/m4r/3g2; not mp4.

BTW the script works only if I double-click on the exe file.
But if I invoke ReNamer from another program with selected filenames (using commandline), it gives this error:

---------------------------
Confirm
Error! TrIDLib.dll and/or TrIDDefs.trd not found in the program directory!

Do you want to download the latest versions from the TrID website now?
Yes   No   

In reality, both files are there in the main folder.

#12 2010-02-14 19:49

Andrew

I tried with some MP4s, and got the same result. The reason may be since, acc. to Wikipedia,

.M4V files are similar to .MP4 files, both of which are MP4 files. The difference is that M4V files are opened with iTunes player by default. MP4 files are opened with Quicktime player by default.

So both are Apple formats and seem to be pretty much the same, except for the former supporting DRM and maybe some minor differences. The "magic bytes" for both seem to be similar, which is why TrID detects them both as .M4V (MPEG-4 Video). The best solution here IMO would be to simply add another Replace rule to replace "m4v/m4r/3g2" (which you should be getting consistently for all MP4s) with "mp4". That should just about do it. smile

As for invoking the script from the command-line, I've never really done this with a script that called an external DLL before. Since this is really a question about ReNamer's behavior, I'll leave it to Denis to answer.

#13 2010-03-23 19:15

den4b
Administrator

narayan, I just tried it again to make sure it was working. It worked as expected.

Just follow the instructions from ReNamer:Scripts:TrID and make sure to place both files TrIDLib.dll and TrIDDefs.TRD in the same folder as ReNamer.exe. Tested with latest development version.

#14 2010-03-24 17:38

narayan

you mean in your case ReNamer suggests only "mp4", and NOT "m4v/m4r/3g2"?

#15 2010-03-24 18:01

den4b
Administrator

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was talking about "TrIDLib.dll and/or TrIDDefs.trd not found" problem.

This problem happens when the working directory is not the one where all necessary files are located (ReNamer.exe, TrIDLib.dll, TrIDDefs.trd).

Before launching it from the command line, you must change the working directory first.

P.S. mp4 vs m4v/m4r/3g2 is a different problem, related to TrID only.

Board footer