#1 2010-07-10 03:37

dRdoS7

Shutter v3.00 Beta 45 "Cannot perform operation. Planner is running"

Hi,

I have Shutter v3.00 Beta 45 installed.

I have 4 "All" events defined. These trigger and work OK.

I have 3 actions defined:

1. Message with 30 sec timeout
2. Run Program to Suspend PC. (wait)
3. Restart events

After the PC has gone to sleep, and is then awakened next time, I get this message: "Cannot perform operation. Planner is running" which has to be closed.

Initially I only had 2 actions:

1. Message
2. Sleep

This worked, but the events were not restarted when the PC awoke next time. I am sure it did with a previous beta but, with that one "all" didn't function as it does now.

Can it be made to allow to have Sleep & Restart in the Actions?

Thanks,

dRdoS7

Last edited by dRdoS7 (2010-07-11 22:31)

#2 2010-09-10 02:34

dRdoS7

Re: Shutter v3.00 Beta 45 "Cannot perform operation. Planner is running"

Hi,

As a work around, I've made Shutter Close as the last action and have created a Windows Task to start Shutter when the PC wakes.

There's a "slight" problem with this: Shutter always runs hidden. But at least I don't get the "Cannot perform operation. Planner is running" messages any more!

dRdoS7.

#3 2010-09-16 02:19

den4b
Administrator

As of the latest dev version (v3.00 Beta 46), Shutter will only stop and restart events when it is at the events stage when computer is going to sleep/hibernate state. In your case it already at the actions stage, so it doesn't stop events, it simply keeps executing events and then execution pauses when computer enters suspended state.

I'm not sure why you are getting that message. Theoretically, when your computer wakes up, Shutter should keep going with execution of remaining actions, i.e. Restart Events.

Can you do more tests? Screenshots?

#4 2010-09-16 02:29

den4b
Administrator

Also, Sleep and Hibernate actions are not longer marked as Terminal. Try using the built-in Sleep/Hibernate action instead of your program used for suspending.

#5 2010-09-18 00:42

dRdoS7

Hi,

I'm using 47 now, still getting this message:

9FtZA-91f76fcd.jpg

I use Shutter "Sleep" now, with "Restart" as the last action.

I'll do some testing, I have noticed the message doesn't occur every time.

dRdoS7.

Edit: After some more testing, I removed "restart events" and now am not getting this message. Is this because "Sleep" is no longer "terminal" and events restart automatically as per the options?

Last edited by dRdoS7 (2010-09-18 01:13)

#6 2010-09-18 10:48

den4b
Administrator

I'm trying to solve this problem logically because my computer cannot enter sleep/hibernation state, so I can't test your scenario.

When you said "events restart automatically as per the options", which options did you mean? Did you mean "stop events when computer going to sleep/hibernate and resume..."? Can you try disabling that option? Also, try putting a Pause action to pause for maybe 5 seconds between Sleep and Restart Events actions.

When the error message appears, what state is Shutter in? Is it running events? And what state is Shutter in after you click OK on the error message?

#7 2010-09-18 12:14

dRdoS7

Hi,

When you said "events restart automatically as per the options", which options did you mean? Did you mean "stop events when computer going to sleep/hibernate and resume..."?

Yes.

Can you try disabling that option?

Yes, I'll do that when I get home tomorrow.

Also, try putting a Pause action to pause for maybe 5 seconds between Sleep and Restart Events actions.

Yes, I'll add a 5 second pause, maybe longer, to give it more time (no hurry is there). I've removed the "Restart Events" action, as I wrote in the previous post. The error isn't occurring, but then it's not restarting events either. I'll re-add "Restart Events" again (with a pause).

When the error message appears, what state is Shutter in?

PC has just woken from sleep. Shutter is not active, but about start events.

Is it running events?

No, see above.

And what state is Shutter in after you click OK on the error message?

It is minimised and running events even before I click the message.

It's going to be difficult if you can't test the sleep action!!

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

PS. I've been testing it at work and don't get the "planer" message. I'm using the same settings as I was at home. The work PC is WinXP, my home PC is W7 32bit. Don't know if that's making a difference.

Last edited by dRdoS7 (2010-09-18 14:26)

#8 2010-10-31 06:17

dRdoS7

Hi,

Shutter has been faultless since a pause was added between the Sleep and Restart events.

Many thanks,

dRdoS7.

#9 2010-10-31 13:52

den4b
Administrator

Thanks for letting me know. I think I understand where the problem is coming from. I've scheduled this for further investigation.

Board footer