#1 2006-10-28 23:36

pstein

Why not auto-preview ?

When I add a new rule I have always to click explicitely "Preview" to see the possible new name (in a replacement operation).

Why is there no auto-preview ?

Read: Whenever I add a new rule it should be applied immediately and the new preview should be displayed AUTOMATICALLY

#2 2006-10-29 00:08

den4b
Administrator

Re: Why not auto-preview ?

Open Settings in the main menu, Preview tab: mark options "Auto preview on change of rules configurations" and "Auto preview when new files are added".

#3 2007-01-26 04:37

Kueyke

I have another suggestion about auto-preview.
A preview on the fly with an selected file name at the 'Add Rule' window, before apply an rule
you can see what it will do.
It would speed up a lot the rule making task.

The options "Auto preview on change of rules configurations" and "Auto preview when new files are added" doesn't
resolve since we have to apply the rule and only after that the preview will refresh, and if the rule is wrong we have to reedit
the rule to fine tune it.

ReNamer is the best program to deal with filenames, thanks for it.

#4 2007-01-26 22:36

den4b
Administrator

Hi Kueyke!

I understand that adding rules may sometimes be very tricky, without seeing the effect. However, I'm afraid I have to say "no" to this suggestion, at least for the nearest future. It is the case when "effort for implementation" < "benefit from having the functionality", and it may make dialog for adding rules over-bloated. Sorry about that...

Board footer