#1 2007-02-18 08:02

Deftones21

Renaming identical files...

I have many music files in one folder that I wish to rename. I currently have it set to strip everything from the file name, then insert only the artist and title ID3 tag information. This creates a problem when the artist and title are identical, and the only way I have been able to get around it is to add the file size in bytes at the end since it always varies file to file. I was wondering if I could rename these files using only the artist and title tag information, but adding a number at the end. For example:

Artist - Title (1)
Artist - Title (2)

I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, and didn't see any similar posts while scanning the forums.

Also, I just wanted to say the program is amazing, and it has helped me to rename endless amounts of files and saved me endless amounts of time. Thanks! big_smile

ReNamer.jpg

#2 2007-02-18 12:16

den4b
Administrator

Re: Renaming identical files...

I have good news for you!

First of all, you don't need to use Strip rule to clear the filename, just use Delete rule, and set it to start from position 1 until the end of the filename. Now, enumerating same files... There is a script, which can be accessed via PascalScript rule, it's called "Serialize duplicates". Load it as the last rule in your list of rules, and you'll see how it works.

Good luck! smile

#3 2007-02-18 21:13

Deftones21

Re: Renaming identical files...

Wow, that sure was simple! Now all my duplicate files are renamed successfully! Thanks again for an amazing program and fantastic support. big_smile

Board footer