#1 2007-03-22 14:19

Newt

A Few Suggestions for Rules options

Postion Counter Lines: It would be very helpful if on the program (where it says Drag Your Files Here) if there were lines (something like a ruler, or columns) that would show numbered postions. This way it would be easier to know from which postion to insert something or to delete from without having to count characters manually

Insert Option: It would be nice if you could add lines from a txt file. There is currently no way to insert lines from a txt file and add them as prefix or suffix. The User Input option completely changes the whole file name which is something you might not want to do at times.

Remove Option: It would be nice if there were more options than just all, first, last. An option to select which delimiter to get rid of would be great. For example if I wanted to get rid of the - after suits

Jerry Jeff Walker - Cowboy Boots Bathin Suits - 13 - Listen To The Falliin' Rain.mp3

Replace Option: The same as the remove option. It would be nice if there were more options than just All, first and last

#2 2007-03-22 21:14

den4b
Administrator

Re: A Few Suggestions for Rules options

Position Counter Lines: Too complicated and not really possible, because each letter has a different width, so the ruler for one filename would be incorrect for another filename. Double click on the file in the table, and you'll get a popup window where you are able to select a portion of the filename and you will see the characters count in the status bar. It might help.

Insert Option: This is very easy to do with PascalScript rule, have a look at the sample scripts. If you need help writing one, don't hesitate to ask.

Remove/Replace Option: Rules are there for general purpose, and of course they cannot cover every single possible combination of actions that users might have in mind for their renaming procedure. That is why I've added PascalScript rule, where You or I can write a custom script that will suite those particular/unique needs.

If that is exactly what you need, i.e. remove dash after "suits" word, or simply every second dash - I can write a script for you. Just ask smile

Board footer