#1 2015-01-29 10:59

XSnPX

New to Shutter - looking for solution

Hi to all,

I was recommended to look at your program Shutter in order to solve one of my problems I am having with my remote access at the moment.

I currently have my main PC in the UK which is always on and connected to the Internet.  I am mostly away in Spain and connect remotely.  Recently I seem to be having a problem with my PC and i am not sure what it is yet but I need to restart it before i can get access to the PC remotely and i need to ask a neighbour to hard restart my PC which is inconvenient.

I know it is a problem with the PC as i am able to remote connect to my modem.

I was told that Shutter would be able to restart my PC even if it crashed via a web browser...

When i know something is wrong - when i try to connect remotely it see my PC and allow me to put my credentials and password - however when it goes through the cycle it hangs on: "securing remote connection" or the last one "configuring remote connection" but wont allow me further.

So, I am assuming my PC still has some kind of network - but i know my other programs are not online so my PC may not have Internet at all, so i am not sure if Shutter can help when I am in this position to restart my PC remotely.  I dont want to pay if it does not help as i wanted to test this but remote access is in the pro version.

Any help would be much appreciated, many thx in advance.

Ben

#2 2015-01-29 18:29

den4b
Administrator

Re: New to Shutter - looking for solution

Hello Ben,

The question of whether Shutter can help you depends heavily on the type of crash your computer experiences. If it is a software crash, i.e. some applications fail to work properly but the operating system still operates more less normally, then it should work. However, if it is more serious as something like hardware crash which results in a blue screen, then no application can help you there.

Web Interface feature is available in the Lite version, so you should be able to try it out.

Board footer