Shutter is a powerful and flexible scheduler.
Despite its name, it is not limited to shutting down a program or the PC: It can wait for one or more events and then carry out a lot of activities, such as-
- Launch specified application(s)
- Close specified application window(s)
- Kill specified application(s) even if they are running in system tray.
- Play a custom sound
- Display a message on screen
- Log out from Windows account, shut down the PC, hibernate, sleep, etc.
Apart from a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface, Shutter also offers the following options:
- You can create links on Desktop, to execute any of the supported actions directly from the desktop.
- You can use Shutter's Web Interface to remotely execute any action.
- You can also remotely see the run-time information about the computer: Logged In User, Up Time, List of Processes, Screenshot of a Desktop, plus Command Line Execution.