#1 2021-07-11 16:53

Ayemac

Rename Photos in Sequential Order Starting With a Specific Number

I already have a group of photos labeled Jamaica 001, Jamaica 002, etc. - all the way through Jamaica 1598. When I imported the second group (I have four groups to import), it created a SEPARATE folder. I fully expected it to append and start with Jamaica 1599 - but it didn't. So now I have TWO folders with photos that are redundant in name - i.e., two Jamaica 001 pics, two Jamaica 002 pics, etc.

SURELY there's a way to use the command prompt to rename them starting with a specific number, right? If I take the second import group (and subsequently the third and fourth), add them to a folder off the root of C (say, C:\Import), I'd like to think I could use the ren option to start at a specific number...in this case Jamaica 1599.

And another catch - I have RAW and JPGs, so currently I have Jamaica 001.CR3 and Jamaica 001.JPG, then Jamaica 002.CR3 and Jamaica 002.JPG. I might have to handle these separately. (To be honest, I don't care about the naming of the RAW images if it's an issue as I dump those in another folder.)

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Last edited by Ayemac (2021-07-11 16:56)

#2 2021-07-11 21:20

Stefan

Re: Rename Photos in Sequential Order Starting With a Specific Number

You can set the starting number via "Index start", e.g. with 1599
https://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules:Serialize

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer