#1 2023-02-23 23:53

Blackburd

Trying to rename .jpg files based on "tags"

Adobe Lightroom will not export based on keywords or person names even though this is a built in function of the software. I does add the tags, which I have set as the persons name, in the Exif data of the jpg files. I cannot extract that data and use it in the rules of renamer though because it's not in the list of exif variables.

Is there any way to accomplish this? In Windows the Exif is under "Description -> Tags"  In Macos it calls it "Keywords"

I tried to accomplish this with VBScript but I cannot pull the data because I don't know what to call it using the objFile.ExtendedProperty

Thanks in advance.

#2 2023-02-24 10:31

den4b
Administrator

Re: Trying to rename .jpg files based on "tags"

We should be able to add a meta tag for extracting the Keywords tag from Exif data.

Can you provide a sample image for testing? You can find the email address in the About dialog in ReNamer.

In the meantime, you can use one of these scripts for the Pascal Script rule:

These scripts rely on 3rd-party libraries (Exiv2 and ExifTool), which can extract pretty much any meta tag from images.

#3 2023-02-24 13:37

Blackburd

File has been sent. Thank you for your attention and advice.

I was able to locate the EXIF data using the tool you suggested it is stored in:
Iptc.Application2.Keywords

The script works very well I was able to rename the files!

Last edited by Blackburd (2023-02-24 14:22)

#4 2023-02-25 22:49

den4b
Administrator

Thank you for providing a sample file.

A new meta tag "IPTC_Keywords" was added in ReNamer 7.4.0.5 Beta.

#5 2023-02-27 14:35

Blackburd

I have tested the Beta version and everything seems to be working. I really appreciate the response here, I feel like you have gone above and beyond. I am purchasing the software as a gesture of support.

Board footer