Localization Old 2013
This article describes localization/translation of the software, please read it all carefully before attempting to participate.
You can create a translation to any (your) language using notepad or any other text editor. Steps are simple:
- Register on the Wiki or Forum and notify that you are performing a translation.
- Please create a "work in progress" entry in the localized files section, or post on the Forum.
- Open a text file containing all translatable text from one of the localization files.
- Translate provided text, separating original and translated text with "=" (equal sign).
- Try to match the length of the translated text with the length of the original text.
- Some components may not fit longer text, so it is better to make it shorter rather than longer.
- Beware of the special formatting and symbols, make sure to maintain it, translate only actual words.
- Save the text file using Unicode (UTF-8) encoding and share your work:
Here is an example of translated text:
About=О Программе Author:=Автор: Clear rules list on rename=Очистить список правил при переименовании Line #3D %d, Left #3D %d, Right #3D %d=Линия #3D %d, Слева #3D %d, Справа #3D %d
Beware that future versions of applications could bring more untranslated text, so old translations will need to be updated.
Here is a list of files which are the basis for translations. Translate the appropriate text (as described above) and upload it as a localized file.
|Shutter||file to be uploaded...|
Here is a list of localized files. Translations which can be used for compiling localized versions of software.
- If you are planning on doing a translation, please, check that the target language doesn't already exist.
- Before starting a translation process, please create a "work in progress" entry, noting the target language and your name (link to your profile), so other people are aware of your work.
|ReNamer 5.60 Serbian||eR@SeR||Complete|
|ReNamer 5.60 Spanish||SafetyCar||Complete|
|ReNamer 5.60 French||Ozzii||Complete|
|ReNamer 5.70 Serbian||eR@SeR||In progress...|
|ReNamer 5.70 Spanish||SafetyCar||In progress...|
|ReNamer 5.70 French||?||In progress...|
|(Your translation)||In progress...|
As of this moment, there is no easy way to create translations. Translations can only be created with specialized programs like: Sisulizer, Restorator, Multilizer, etc - none of which are free. With a use of such software all translatable text from an executable can be exported to a text file, later translated and imported back into the software, creating a localized (translated) version of the executable.
Discussions regarding translations on forum: