#1 2008-01-11 08:09

Los Loco Lobo

Stop button for Rename/Preview

I use Renamer to rename ebook files and I have over 300 rules and some are very close. There are quite a few that I dont need all the time. I did up the rules in sets but when I load a preset it removes the rules that are there. It is a hassle to load different sets of rules so I have them in my reg set but not checked.

I agree that a stop button is needed. I had almost 1500 files and hit the preview before I unchecked a box so I had to wait.......

The other thing I want to suggest is a user defined tool bar. I hit the rename button when changing back to Renamer.....  My other reason for this is I have problems with slight shaking and muscle spasms and it is real easy to click the wrong menu option. Mostly a hassle but when that happens and I delete from my usb drive to never-never land.........

I tried out many renaming programs but I am very pleased with Renamer. Thank you for such a wonderful program.

#2 2008-01-11 14:34

den4b
Administrator

Re: Stop button for Rename/Preview

You just missed the very similar question asked few days ago: Allow Cancel of long operations

I gave a full explanation on why this is not going to be implemented, and gave a simple workaround/solution to this problem.

The user defined toolbar will again require too much work. I simply don't have time to spend on the graphical features which are not that important. Instead, you can forget the BUTTONS, and just use the SHORTCUTS: F5 - Preview, F6 - Rename.

Board footer