ReNamer 6.9 has been released!
Most notable changes from the user’s point of view:
Implemented rule comments. This was one of the most requested features. Rule comments are editable via the rules context menu and visible in the Statement column. See the demo screenshots below.
Added a dialog for manually entering file paths for renaming. Useful when you have a list of paths as plain text.
Added Dutch and Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) translations.
Various efficiency improvements.
Complex rules can be difficult to read...
Now, nicely commented by you!
Full list of changes:
* Implemented rule comments, editable via rules context menu.
* Enhanced storage path resolution with new path tags and handling of multiple path tags.
* Major code refactoring to improve automation and unit testing capabilities.
* Decoupled renaming rules from the visual components.
* Refactored renaming rule structures and management operations.
* Refactored file signature structures and management operations.
* Added a dialog for manually entering file paths for renaming.
* Added various unit tests, including unit tests for some renaming rules.
* Remove all files more efficiently than one-by-one when all files match the clearing criteria.
* Efficiency improvements for files table clearing operations.
* Efficiency improvements for performing shell actions on files.
* Added "How to translate" link to the Languages menu.
* Find application language file independently of the executable file name.
* Perform a fast clearing of files tables when closing the application.
* Converted action buttons in the Pascal Script window to a toolbar. Better handling of long localized text.
* Changed the Z-order of controls in the Delete rule window. Avoid awkward overlapping with long localized text.
* Forbid the use of empty folder when creating preset links. Avoid an error.
* Added Dutch language file.
* Added Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) language file. Thanks to 冰霧神域.
* Updated French language file.
* Updated Chinese Simplified language file. Thanks to WanderMax.
* Updated German language file. Thanks to Kevin Scheitler.
* Updated Serbian language file. Thanks to Никола Алексић.
* Updated Russian language file.
* Internal refactoring.